Company Overview: At GE Renewable Energy, we harness the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities. With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
Post: Engineer – Civil & Structural
Company : GE Renewable Energy
Location : Noida, India
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Job Description Summary
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the civil engineering and customer coordination for Service High Voltage Projects (Extension, Upgrade, retrofit projects), based at Noida. Activities contributing to the design and development of Civil &structural engineering. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components, accountable for the quality of own work, subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework.
Role & Responsibilities
- Civil Engineer need to understand overall substation and its components. The list may include but is not limited to: AIS & GIS Equipment, GCB, Transformer and LV System related structural & civil works. It also includes familiarity with related codes and standards local as well International.
- Candidate shall be responsible for following activities of tender and execution activities of service System & Upgrade projects.
- Candidate shall be responsible for designing of substation civil including buildings, drains, cable trenches, plumbing/ sanitations etc. and steel structures activities of tenders & projects for Substation.
- Responsible to release substation designs as per client’s specification requirements and satisfaction.
- Checking of Substation structural steel Design and Civil Design received from design vendors.
- Checking of fabrication drawings for steel structures.
- Detailed designing & BOQ, Bill of Materials
- Co-ordination with client, consultant, site office and sub-contractors for design related issues
- Design of control buildings, GIS buildings, other facilities specified in STAAD PRO/other software and in full compliance with the codes.
- Foundation designs for buildings, equipments and transformers/ reactors based on the soil parameters, Design of pile foundations.
- Handling Tenders and projects
- To ensure timely completion of the design activities as per schedule.
- To achieve savings via proper designing at all the stages of design activities.
- Be updated about new technologies to enhance/ improve the quality and speed of designs along with the profiling activities resulting in better product quality.
Candidate need to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
- Minimum 10years of experience in Structural and Civil Project Works, out of which min 5 years in in the service substation projects engineering in structural engineering domain.
- Must possess technical, business and client interaction skills.
- Understands interfaces with electrical, mechanical systems.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails.
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Lean mindset.
- Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment as well as work on self-directed independent projects.
- Proficient in use of MS Office
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD would be highly desired
- Well versed with relevant Civil Engineering and Structural Works softwares
- Exposure to QMS driven engineering processes.
Apply Link: Eligible and Interested candidate can visit here to submit application
Other Relevant Jobs :