Uber Technologies Inc is looking candidate for Engineering Manager II, Growth & Marketing Platform at Bangalore location, Below is Job details , eligible and interested candidate can submit application as soon as possible.
Post : Engineering Manager II, Growth & Marketing Platform
Company: Uber Technologies Inc
Work Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Education qualification : Engineering
Experience Range: 12+ years
About The Role
The Growth and Marketing Platform engineering at Uber is looking for a strong Engineering Manager who has built topnotch engineering teams and solved business problems at scale. Engineering Manager at Uber exhibit following qualities:
- Builds Trust> Demonstrates personal excellence with empathy, authenticity, inclusivity, and fairness.
- Grows and Adapts> Shows the ability to adapt with resilience and humility.
- Sets Vision > Establishes team purpose and plans for execution.
- Operationalizes > Ensures operational efficiency and impact.
- Develops and Coaches > Invests time in coaching and supports the development of others.
- Connects > Fosters collaboration within and across teams.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership & mentoring in designing & rollout of software components and solutions.
- Build for the next level of scale.
- Collaborate with engineers & managers alike.
- Develop strong relationships with people in the organization, collaborating and building trust.
- See the big picture and identify strategically important problems, inefficiencies or opportunities for meaningful improvements.
- Create tech roadmap and drive alignment on how to tackle these and deliver high leverage solutions on these at the group and organization level.
- Be a role model on acting with good judgement and responsibility. Engineers across the organization will look to you on how best to plan and execute on projects.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Be a humble mentor and trusted advisor for both our talented team members and passionate leaders alike.
- Deal with a difference in opinions in a mature and fair way, helping teams to commit and move forward.
What You’ll Need
- Experience. 12+ years of significant experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms. Including 5+ years in managing engineering teams of 10+ people. Leading teams in India and collaborating with teams in the US.
- Hiring prowess. You’re a strong leader who can attract talent in Bangalore, raising the bar for excellence.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you and your team learns from them.
- Engineering excellence. You have the technical strength and deep knowledge of the whole stack to give great architecture and implementation guidance to the teams who will count on your experience.
- Mentorship. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Commitment. Cities never sleep, and neither does Uber. You care tremendously about keeping the Uber experience consistent for users and strive to make any issues invisible to riders. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope.
How to apply : Eligible and Interested Candidate need to submit application on official page