Overview: Siemens Energy AG is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works with its customers and partners on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage. The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers. More than 50 percent of the portfolio has already been decarbonized. A majority stake in the listed company Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) makes Siemens Energy a global market leader for renewable energies. An estimated one-sixth of the electricity generated worldwide is based on technologies from Siemens Energy. Siemens Energy employs 91,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries and generated revenue of around €29 billion in fiscal year 2019. Siemens Energy currently looking for Mechanical Design Engineer for Research & Development department and for location Gurugram, India, Below is details of Siemens Energy careers.
Post: Mechanical Design Engineer
Organization: Siemens Energy
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Location : Gurugram, India
Department : Research & Development
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Responsible for designing Gas Turbine rotating & stationary components (e.g. blades & vanes, Rotor, Casings, combustions etc.) to meet full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost effectiveness, manufacturing requirements and technology, assembly requirements and service requirements)
- Development of innovative design solutions. Controls risk of design changes with appropriate methods like FMEA.
- Applies appropriate methods which focus on robust design, like tolerance, analysis, standards and design rules.
- Creates, evaluates, reviews and applies specifications and other technical documents, e.g. design philosophy, purchasing specification, working specification, drawings, BOM, MM, check lists, manufacturing data, standard part calculations and component description.
- Create/prepare/review 2D and 3D CAD model of individual/assembly Nx model of Gas Turbine stationary and Rotating components. Tool experience in Nx will be preferred.
- Exposure & experience in model based definition or PMI will be preferred
- Create, understand, review & modify manufacturing/assembly/fabrication drawings of Gas Turbine components. Create/review bill of material, Material Master, inspection specification of GT components as per SIEMENS standard practice.
- Seamless transfer of product definition input and output between CAD modeler and project lead respectively.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical engineer graduate/postgraduate with more than 10 years of experience in design and product development of turbo machinery i.e. Gas turbine, Steam turbine components.
- Graduate/post graduate degree holder from recognized college/university
- Proficient and expert in design tools, CAD software Pro-E, Nx, standard manufacturing process, standard fit & tolerances
- Proficient and expert in creating/reviewing manufacturing/assembly/fabrication drawings of Gas Turbine components.
- Expert level understanding of bill of material, Material master, material specification etc.
- Exposure to SAP and Teamcenter.
- Strong inter personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, imaginative, innovative,
- Ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
How to apply : interested and eligible candidate can visit here to submit application.