Design Engineer – Steel Structures
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Job type : Full-Time
Contract : Regular/Permanent
Company: Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Job function: Engineering and Information Technology
Industries: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing and Information Technology and Services
Company Overview: Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is recently shared civil engineering recruitment for Design Engineer – Steel Structures for Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India location, check below details of recruitment
- Designing of steel structure drawing in line with the GIS requirement and customer specification.
- Calculation of dynamic & static loads as per international standards (Not applicable for Steel designer role).
- Obtain relevant technical details about various type of GIS from storage systems such as PDM, SAP etc. and designs steel structure.
- Prepare project specific civil plan for customer providing GIS loading for design of customer building floor, ceiling cranes etc., Influence of environmental conditions on GIS structure designs etc.).
- Prepare painting specifications.
- Prepare 3D model and shop drawings (Not applicable for Structural engineer role).
- Support sales / Tender team by providing technical specifications of GIS support structures.
- Delivery of designs on time on quality.
- Maintain and administrate Pro Design library (such as support structures and fixing accessories).
- Adhere to documentation process.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Requirement for Design Engineer – Steel Structures
- Bachelor’s Degree / 3 Years Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 -7 years of experience in 3D tools like ProE / CREO, AUTOCAD, MS Office.
- Experience in Design tools such as Tekla, STAAD Pro etc.
- Knowledge of painting procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant international standards such as IEC /ANSI.
- Knowledge of high voltage GIS products is added advantage.
How to Apply : Eligible and interested candidate can visit here to submit application
Civil Engineer Relevant Jobs :
- SNC-Lavalin Group / Atkins Recruitment | Graduate Engineer – Water
- Assistant Resident Engineer ( Civil) | Eng Jobs Update
- Assistant Resident Engineer ( Civil)
- Engineer -Civil & Structural
- Civil Design Engineer
- UJVNL Recruitment | Assistant Engineer Trainee – ME/EE/CE.
Check Other Jobs for Engineers: