Join Steris as Senior Injection Molding Process Engineer in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Engineering careers in Mentor OH.
Position : Senior Injection Molding Process Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Facilities, Thermal Engineering, Medical Device Engineer, Process Engineer, Six Sigma, Operations, Engineering, Management
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Provide Engineering/Manufacturing technical expertise in support of the total operations functions, goals, objectives, and projects of the US Endoscopy division of STERIS. Responsible for establishing and maintaining manufacturing processes and procedures including capacity planning, tooling, process development, routings, cost reductions, and quality improvements within the injection molding department.
1. Establishing, controlling and improving new and existing injection molding processes.
2. Managing new and existing mold sampling and validation, including all required documentation in accordance with FDA and ISO standards.
3. Assist production with process control and troubleshooting.
4. Establish effective working relationships with multiple departments to maximize project management success.
5. Develop and maintain costing documents for new products through direct labor standards and bill of material standard costs.
6. Participate in and lead cross functional teams for the advancement of projects.
7. Lead and implement cost reduction activities and capital equipment acquisition including payback analysis, capacity analysis, and business case justification.
8. Develop and maintain process documentation such that accurate documentation is provided at all times. Submit change orders to revise existing processes.
9. Provide assistance in plant layout, ergonomics, and process engineering such that products are produced efficiently while meeting ISO and industry standards.
10. Provide technical support and problem solving for production and facility problems.
11. Train production personnel on new and revised processes.
12. Work with quality and operations personnel to ensure ISO compliance.
13. Provide Make versus Buy analysis for product components and tooling.
14. Any other duties or projects as required.
Bachelor’s DegreeRequired Experience
1. Bachelor of Science degree required in Engineering or related technical field.
2. Minimum of 8 years of manufacturing experience.
3. Minimum of 5 years experience in injection molding manufacturing operations or equivalent field.
4. Experience in machining, tooling, tool design a plus.
5. Experience with molding simulation software or fluid mechanics analysis a plus.
6. Lean manufacturing experience required, Six Sigma experience is a plus.
7. Understanding of the medical device regulatory, document, and quality control issues.
8. MiniTab experience is a plus.
9. Experience with toos such as SPC, PFMEA, and IQ/OQ/PQ Required.
10. Proficiency in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or equivalent drawing program.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Engineering jobs in Mentor OH, Facilities jobs hiring, Thermal Engineering jobs in Mentor, Medical Device Engineer careers, Mentor jobs in Facilities sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Process Engineer jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Senior Injection Molding Process Engineer.