Join Steris as Software Test Engineer in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Research & Development/Scientific careers in Mentor OH.
Position : Software Test Engineer
Job Category: Research & Development/Scientific
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : R&D Engineer, Testing, Test Engineer, Embedded, R&D, Engineering, Technology, Research
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Design and develop software solutions for medical devices. Perform analyses and resolve issues using problem-solving techniques to develop new and innovative solutions for our customers.
Responsible for the development and delivery of software features/functionality to one or more projects.
Analyzes product/system-level requirements and translates them into software specifications and architectural solutions. Assesses technical feasibility of new product concepts. Makes recommendations for software solutions for new product development.
Ensures software deliveries meet expectations via verification activities and peer reviews.
Designs, implements, tests, and debugs applications according to corporate policies and business operating procedures on new and sustaining engineering projects.
Works independently with minimal supervision on routine activities. Collaborates on unusual/complex issues and approval on plans and larger-scale designs.
Participates in design reviews to identify issues and provide design recommendations; participates in code reviews and/or inspections to identify issues and provide feedback.
Collaborates with software team members to propagate good design principles and development practices across the team.
Investigates new software technologies and tools.
Creates software development process documentation to include architectural documents, requirements, design, and interface specifications, and verification documentation.
Performs unit and integration testing to ensure software meets specifications and expectations.
Reviews and resolves software change requests and defects.
Work as a collaborative team member in engineering projects. Collaborates with groups outside of direct responsibilities including other engineering groups, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, etc. for project planning, analysis of product requirements, and to outline proposed solutions.
Duties – cont’d
• Demonstrated leader and/or technical expert within a software development organization.
• Exceptional team player with leadership responsibilities.
• Capable of solving complex engineering problems through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Practical experience in C/C++ object-oriented analysis and programming, and multi-threaded/multi-tasking programming is required. Understanding of development for a resource-constrained target environment with specific performance requirements is desired.
• Experience in development using multiple operating systems, which may include real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as RTXC, ThreadX, and QNX as well as traditional operating systems such as Linux, Windows (standard or embedded), Windows CE (Embedded Compact) is required.
• Experience using software integrated development environments (IDEs) and tools including compiling/building, debugging, configuration management (version control), defect management, continuous integration, and code analysis tools.
• Software quality assurance to include unit and integration test development and execution, and code inspection and reviews.
• Experience with C# .NET is desired.
• Experience in the development of PLC-based solutions as well as embedded is desired.
• Experience in User Interface (UI) development is required, which may include Human-Machine Interface (HMI) touch screens or Graphical UIs. Understanding of usability / human factors and developing language localization solutions is desired
• Working knowledge of communication and network standards such as TCP/IP, HTTP, RS-232, RS-485, CAN, SPI, I2C is required.
• Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) and associated solutions is desired, e.g., remote monitoring solutions is desired.
• Experience performing software requirement analysis and definition. Proven skills in working with stakeholders to refine product requirements to be realized in software is desired.
• Experience in the implementation of infrastructure and applications for Manufacturing, Installation, and Serviceability is desired.
Bachelor’s DegreeRequired Experience
4+ years of related engineering experience.
2+ years of Automation Testing experience or 4+ years of Manual Testing experience.
Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering. (A degree in another Engineering discipline may be acceptable with proven software education and/or training and demonstrated software experience.)
Experience working in the medical device industry or other regulated industries which require formalized software development processes and software risk management is highly desirable.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Research & Development/Scientific jobs in Mentor OH, R&D Engineer jobs hiring, Testing jobs in Mentor, Test Engineer careers, Mentor jobs in R&D Engineer sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Embedded jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Software Test Engineer.