Join Steris as Manager II, Sterile Processing in Chicago Illinois. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Chicago IL.
Position : Manager II, Sterile Processing
Job Category: Clinical Support, Operations & Education
Work location : Chicago, Illinois
Job Segment : Sterile Processing, Medical, Medical Technologist, Manager, Surgery, Healthcare, Management
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Oversees the management and facilitates production and quality within STERIS Offsite Reprocessing Centers (ORC’s), Outsourced facilities, or Customer accounts. Ensures Customer expectations are met by pro-actively managing activities and complying with contractual obligations. Provides on-site support, training, and communication to employees and contracted facilities sterile processing department management and personnel. Ensures proper operational processes are followed by all members of the team in conjunction with the standards set forth by the Department of Health, TJC, DNV, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN. Manages and implements sterile processing process improvement projects leveraging STERIS Process Improvement (PI) modules and is competent in all PI Specialist requirements.
Ability to motivate and manage a leadership team to provide excellent day-to-day service that meets the Customer’s needs and contractual obligations, support the operations, and ensure delivery of overall target and business plan
Maintains a strong relationship with the STERIS Business Development partner and possesses the ability to identify opportunities to provide additional services by building and maintaining strong Customer relations and ensures the satisfaction of Customer deliverables
Determines the appropriate staffing and properly aligns staff with fluctuating demand and ensures leadership team possesses this same ability
Motivational leader that possesses the ability to build and maintain a culture of Employee Engagement, Retention, and Safety through Regular communication and on-going training.
Interviews, hires, assists with training, coaching, and disciplining employees to meet company objectives and Customer requirements
Ensure delivery of Customer Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and conducts regular Customer Pulse Check meetings to review quality metrics and ensure Customer expectations are met.
Develop strong relationship with Customers at all levels including executive leadership and/or partners with the Customer Service Manager to manage and develop the Customer relationships
Resolve Customer issues in a timely and efficient manner by discovering the root causes of problems and processes and develops a plan with measurable outcomes to track progress
Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the contract(s) and maintains strong relationships to ensure a high-quality product is provided in relation to contractual scope
Prepares and delivers Bi-Annual Business Reviews with the Customer and internal partners to review KPI’s and contractual expectations
Duties – cont’d
• Demonstrates complete understanding of STERIS standard processes and possess the ability to manage, train and implement processes while focusing on continuous improvement and holding team members accountable through leadership routines
• Develops and enforces the implementation of policies, new processes, procedures, product conversions, services, and programs in conjunction with the contract and STERIS to improve Customer service
• Possesses the ability to effectively manage a P&L to ensure Customer deliverables are met while staying within budget
• Uses Non-conformance documentation to identify areas of deficiencies and creates Corrective Action Plans to manage improvement
• Ability to effectively translate and implement business strategy
• Leads Process Improvement Projects utilizing STERIS PI Module tools and methodology while acting as PI Specialist internally or to the Customer, including engaging and coaching employees to do the same
• Ensures proper operational processes are followed by all members of the STERIS team in conjunction with the Department of Health, TJC, DNV, OSHA, CDC, AAMI, AORN standards and facilities policies and procedures
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of all administrative documents and functions (time records, count sheets, inventories, billing, etc.) required by the Customer and STERIS
STERIS Collaboration & Support
• Collaborates with wider Operations Team, Business Development Team, STERIS IPT and Service Teams to grow market share and achieve business objectives.
• Supports the growth market presence of STERIS business offerings in collaboration with STERIS teams.
• Support the Business Development Team in executing changes to Customer contracts by ensuring operational support is provided for any new services to be implemented by utilizing the wider ORC Operations teams available.
• Manages Customer invoicing questions, manage Customer credits and justifications, and ensure process for providing Finance the needed Customer information and billing data is correct and accurate.
High School Diploma or GED
Must have a Highschool Diploma/GED and 10 years of relevant experience and 5+ years of Sterile Processing leadership experience.
Active certification in sterile processing/central sterile via CBSPD or IAHCSMM required. If not certified at point of hire, it must be obtained within 12 months of hire
Must take 12 Continuing Education Credit Hours each year.
Must take an additional 6 Leadership Continuing Education Credit Hours each year.
Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (4+ Years)
Must have experience in process management and quality control (5+ Years)
Must have solid understanding and experience in Lean Manufacturing (2+ Years)
Effective negotiating and influencing skills (2+ Years)
Excellent multi-tasking, priority setting capabilities (2+ Years)
Must possess solid managerial, analytical, organizational skills and financial acumen (2+ Years)
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Sterile Processing leadership experience supporting a minimum of 20 Operating Rooms
Medical instrument knowledge a plus (1+ Years)
Knowledge of Sterile Processing, Operating Room and Material Management functions a plus (1+ Years)
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Tags : Steris careers in Chicago, Clinical Support, Operations & Education jobs in Chicago IL, Sterile Processing jobs hiring, Medical jobs in Chicago, Medical Technologist careers, Chicago jobs in Sterile Processing sector, Jobs nearby in Chicago Illinois, Steris hiring nearby me in Chicago IL, Manager jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Chicago engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Chicago as Manager II, Sterile Processing.