Join Steris as Senior Software Engineer in Plymouth Minnesota. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Plymouth MN.
Position : Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Work location : Plymouth, Minnesota
Job Segment : Developer, Medical, Firmware, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Healthcare, Technology, Engineering
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Design and develop software solutions for medical devices. Perform analyses and resolve issues using problem solving techniques to develop new and innovative solutions for our Customers.
Responsible for the development and delivery of software features/functionality to one or more projects.
Analyzes product/system-level requirements and translates them into software specifications and architectural solutions. Assesses technical feasibility of new product concepts. Makes recommendations for software solutions for new product development.
Ensures software deliveries meet expeectations via verification activities and peer reviews.
1. Designs, implements, tests, and debugs applications according to corporate policies and business operating procedures on new and sustaining engineering projects.
2. Works independently with minimal supervision on routine activities. Collaborates on unusual/complex issues and approval on plans and larger-scale designs.
3. Participates in design reviews to identify issues and provide design recommendations; participates in code reviews and/or inspections to identify issues and provide feedback.
4. Collaborates with software team members to propagate good design principles and development practices across the team.
5. Investigates new software technologies and tools.
6. Creates software development process documentation to include architectural documents, requirements, design, and interface specifications, and verification documentation.
7. Performs unit and integration testing to ensure software meets specifications and expectations.
8. Reviews and resolves software change requests and defects.
9. Work as a collaborative team member in engineering projects. Collaborates with groups outside of direct responsibilities including other engineering groups, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, etc. for project planning, analysis of product requirements, and to outline proposed solutions.
Bachelor’s DegreeRequired Experience
1. Requires 3+ years of related engineering experience.
2. Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering. (A degree in another Engineering discipline may be acceptable with proven software education and/or training and demonstrated software experience.)
3. Advanced degree desirable.
4. Three or more years of experience in the design and development of software and firmware systems
5. Experience working in medical device industry or other regulated industry which require formalized software development processes and software risk management is highly desirable.
1. Demonstrated leader and/or technical expert within a software development organization.
2. Exceptional team player with leadership responsibilities.
3. Capable of solving complex engineering problems through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results.
4. Strong communication and problem solving skills.
5. Practical experience in C/C++ object-oriented analysis and programming, and multi-threaded/multi-tasking programming is required. Understanding of development for a resource-constrained target environment with specific performance requirements is desired.
6. Experience in development using multiple operating systems, which may include real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as RTXC, ThreadX, and QNX as well as traditional operating systems such as Linux, Windows (standard or embedded), Windows CE (Embedded Compact) is required.
7. Experience using software integrated development environments (IDEs) and tools including compiling/building, debugging, configuration management (version control), defect management, continuous integration, and code analysis tools.
8. Software quality assurance to include unit and integration test development and execution, and code inspection and reviews.
9. Experience with C# .NET is desired.
10. Experience in the development of PLC-based solutions as well as embedded is desired.
11. Experience in User Interface (UI) development is required, which may include Human-Machine Interface (HMI) touch screens or Graphical UIs. Understanding of usability / human factors and developing language localization solutions is desired
12. Working knowledge of communication and network standards such as TCP/IP, HTTP, RS-232, RS-485, CAN, SPI, I2C is required.
13. Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) and associated solutions is desired, e.g., remote monitoring solutions is desired.
14. Experience performing software requirement analysis and definition. Proven skills in working with stakeholders to refine product requirements to be realized in software is desired.
15. Experience in the implementation of infrastructure and applications for Manufacturing, Installation, and Serviceability is desired.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Tags : Steris careers in Plymouth, Engineering jobs in Plymouth MN, Developer jobs hiring, Medical jobs in Plymouth, Firmware careers, Plymouth jobs in Developer sector, Jobs nearby in Plymouth Minnesota, Steris hiring nearby me in Plymouth MN, Manufacturing Engineer jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Plymouth engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Plymouth as Senior Software Engineer.