Join Steris as HR Manager in Chester New York. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Chester NY.
Position : HR Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
Work location : Chester, New York
Job Segment : Medical, Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Inspector, HR, Healthcare, Management, Quality, Human Resources
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
At STERIS, the HR Manager will be responsible for delivering and coordinating all human resource activities and initiatives for the operations group at our AST (Applied Sterilization Technologies) facility in Chester, NY. You will support the management teams with the plant to drive culture change, define organizational needs, determine the training and development needs and strategy, determine hiring needs, resolve employee issues, and contribute to the achievement of the overall business objectives. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to quickly grasp the business objectives and strategies of multiple client groups and leverage human resources capabilities to support the achievement of those objectives.
What You Will Do
• Plan, develop, implement, and administer HR processes and programs that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of the plant.
• Consult with business and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, workforce planning, and change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
• Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. talent management reviews, performance management, compensation and recruiting to the business goals.
• Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
• Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through promotion of a positive company culture while balancing employee concerns with all levels of company goals.
• Interpret employee engagement data for assigned client groups. Partner with client groups to enable them to drive their own action plans related to improving employee engagement.
What You Will Do – cont’d
• Ensure effective talent management including assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition. Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
• Assist in the hiring of new employees by performing various recruiting activities in partnership with the talent acquisition team, including staffing coordination and job requisition management.
• Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs.
• Remain up-to-date on relevant US and state employment laws and other human resources compliance issues. Update management on policies/processes as necessary. Responsible for oversight and coordination of any regulatory requirements.
• Possess an understanding of employment law and diversity/EEOC compliance and promotion.
• Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of client group information by utilizing the shared services to maintain and update employee databases. Provides management with relevant reports as needed.
• Participate and/or lead HR projects focused on continuous improvement of core programs and services.
• Act as a liaison to Benefits to properly manage employee leaves of absence.
What Will Help You Be Successful
• Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of Human Resources generalist experience.
• Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of HR management experience within a plant environment.
• Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
• Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions (preferably in a global environment).
• Experience with process improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
• Experience working across a complex organizational matrix.
• A track record of positive results and an ability to provide demonstrated examples of programs and policies that have contributed to the growth and bottom-line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
• Should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
• Self-motivated; bias for action.
• Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
What We Offer You
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Middletown
Nearest Secondary Market: Poughkeepsie
Job Tags : Steris careers in Chester, Human Resources jobs in Chester NY, Medical jobs hiring, Manager jobs in Chester, Lean Six Sigma careers, Chester jobs in Medical sector, Jobs nearby in Chester New York, Steris hiring nearby me in Chester NY, Inspector jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Chester engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Chester as HR Manager.