Join Steris as Equipment Service Technician in Largo Florida. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Largo FL.
Position : Equipment Service Technician
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
Work location : Largo, Florida
Job Segment : Technician, Medical, Maintenance, Engineer, Outside Sales, Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our team of Equipment Service Technicians build the foundation of trust and exceptional service support. They strive for One Of A Kind experiences as they perform immediate equipment servicing and identify, quote and coordinate service offerings to meet Customer needs.
You would perform effective on-site preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modification and installation support on complex mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic units primarily in a hospital environment under a highly regulated, time-sensitive environment. Our technicians provide Customers with basic information, pricing and options, and focus on clear, proactive communications during all service phases to optimize Customer operations. Partnering with cross-functional teams (Tech Support, Engineering, Service Contract Management) and escalates issues appropriately, while utilizing advanced technology platforms to complete compliance-regulatory requirements and resolve issues.
Customer Focus & Retention- 30%
• Drives Customer satisfaction as a first point of contact through pro-active, professional communication and commitment to resolving Customer’s issues/problems expediently.
• Establish and build effective communicative relationships with Customers, managers, peers, STERIS internal support functions and the sales organization.
• Communicate activities to Customers related to scheduling Preventative Maintenance and Service Repairs and estimated time of arrival.
• Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with Customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees. Utilize Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures. Fulfill vendor credentialing in accounts as needed.
• Building an understanding of remote monitoring and diagnostic equipment.
Technical Professional, Compliance-Regulatory and Continuous Improvement – 60%
• Awareness and adherence to regulatory and compliance standards of industry by successfully completing required company qualification training. Stays current and complies with quality management system, policy and goals. Identify and report any and all Customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to leadership, service engineering and Quality.
• Manages STERIS assets utilizing electronic inventory management platform to maintain inventory, tools, personal protective equipment, vehicle, etc. to prescribed levels.
• Gain a fundamental understanding of LEAN/AGILE practices and principles. Participate in continuous improvement activities with a focus on LEAN/AGILE standards. Identify and appropriately escalate waste in process and/or product quality gaps.
• Commensurate to training status and experience, perform fundamental, troubleshooting, repairs, preventative and corrective maintenance on STERIS equipment and similar products in a safe and efficient manner. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
• Perform daily administrative duties using multiple application platforms and technology equipment (laptop, smartphone, related software). This includes, but is not limited to scheduling, effective communication, managing parts trunk stock, daily completion of service reports and activities while on site; Learning new technologies and software applications as they become available to improve productivity.
• Successful completion of position-based training within documented timelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Customer Growth- 10%
• With management support, build relationships with Sales to drive Customer experience and revenue opportunities. Learn to identify sales opportunities in assigned territory, and builds competency to be a trusted advisor, communicate leads to management and sales staff.
• High School Diploma or GED w minimum of 4 years of work experience, including 2 years mechanical/technical directly related experience (e.g. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, automotive)
• Valid driver’s license and the ability meet all required background and physical assessment elements to obtain & maintain existing and new vendor credentialing requirements
• Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes outside “normal business hours” and including overnight travel (amount may vary based on district geography)
• Ability to establish effective home office (High Speed internet, conducive working space, secure company owned equipment and info)
• Associates degree or related certifications in technical/mechanical area, competitive equipment training or related military experience may be considered towards technical experience requirement
• The expectation is that all EST’s pass an assessment for promotion to EST II by no later than their 4th annual review with STERIS. Continued employment with STERIS in this capacity is dependent upon the successful completion of the assessment.
• This position may be elevated to an EST II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by STERIS
• Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs. This may include working outside of an 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM workday and weekends.
• Required to live within 50 miles of the center of the territory.
• Commute within assigned territory is compensable after the first 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the morning and the last 30 minutes (or 25 miles) of drive time in the evening.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
Job Tags : Steris careers in Largo, Service/Technical Services jobs in Largo FL, Technician jobs hiring, Medical jobs in Largo, Maintenance careers, Largo jobs in Technician sector, Jobs nearby in Largo Florida, Steris hiring nearby me in Largo FL, Engineer jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Largo engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Largo as Equipment Service Technician.