Join Steris as Senior Electrical Specialist in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Mentor OH.
Position : Senior Electrical Specialist
Job Category: Research & Development/Scientific
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Medical, Engineer, Electrical, Product Development, Healthcare, Engineering, Research
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Senior Electrical Specialist will join a growing, highly collaborative, dedicated Engineering team. This team focuses their efforts on Research and Development for Sterilizers and associated products utilized in hospitals around the world. The Senior Electrical Specialist will be responsible for the design, development, and documentation associated with the electrical systems of highly complex electromechanical machinery. Independently evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in executing product development and validation. The Senior Electrical Specialist will join a growing, highly collaborative, dedicated Engineering team. This team focuses their efforts on Research and Development for Sterilizers and associated products utilized in hospitals around the world. The Senior Electrical Specialist will be responsible for the design, development, and documentation associated with the electrical systems of highly complex electromechanical machinery. Independently evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in executing product development and validation.
*This position is eligible for a hybrid work option.
Lead system and subsystem level design for New Product Development Projects.
Electrical, Control and Instrumentation System design/development and testing/validation
Apply code/standard guidelines and requirements to develop compliant product designs.
Participate in writing requirements, test protocol, test reports and other project and regulatory documentation
Ensure development and execution of appropriate test plans
Lead continuous improvement efforts (design and certification, process systems, products incorporating new technologies (state of the art) / innovations in certain disciplines.
Collaborate with Marketing, Quality, Reliability, Manufacturing, Service, Supply Chain, Regulatory.
Supervise interactions with vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts comply with designs and specifications.
Provide support/input into technical roadmap at systems or assembly level.
• Associate of Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of related electrical engineering experience required.
• Must have System level experience with an understanding of electrical, mechanical and systems process.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and capable of working across multiple assigned projects; report generation
• Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Serviceability experience
• Experience with design controls process in a highly regulated industry; medical preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities, including schedule, resource needs, technical scope definition and providing electrical engineering guidance to project team engineers, designers and technicians
• Familiarity with controlling electro-mechanical devices such as motors, solenoids, and heaters
• Understanding of machine electrical hardware, such as wiring, connectors, mechanical packaging, thermal considerations, and power management.
• Knowledge of Medical Electrical Standards (IEC 61010-1, 61010-2-40, 61326-1) a plus.
• Experience in creating requirements and test procedures for electrical systems and printed circuit board assemblies
• Understanding of design and application of various sensor technologies, such as pressure transducers and thermal couples/RTDs
• Familiarity with user interface technologies, such as touch-screen displays, printers, and other HMI accessories
• Understanding of machine communication protocols
• Travel up to 15% including internationally.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Research & Development/Scientific jobs in Mentor OH, Medical jobs hiring, Engineer jobs in Mentor, Electrical careers, Mentor jobs in Medical sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Product Development jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Senior Electrical Specialist.