Join Steris as Advanced Electrical Engineer in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Mentor OH.
Position : Advanced Electrical Engineer
Job Category: Research & Development/Scientific
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Medical, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Electrical, Healthcare, Engineering
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Infection Prevention Technology team within the STERIS Healthcare business is growing. The Advanced Electrical Engineer will work in the controls hardware group focused on the controls for Washers, Sterilizers, and the ATLAS Workflow Automation Vehicle used in the Sterile Processing Departments in Hospitals. You will will evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment in the solution of assigned engineering tasks. You will also solve complex electrical engineering problems by applying a broad knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and independently determine technical feasibility of new product concepts.
*This position aligns with hybrid work options.
• Leads continuous improvement efforts
• Acts as technical leader (including technical coaching in the area of expertise)
• Leads system and subsystem level design for NPD Projects.
• Coordinates R&D team activities / drives collaboration around engineering projects.
• Ensures development and execution of appropriate test plans
• Plans, Schedules and assigns resources needed to complete system design.
• Makes recommendations for future product development.
• Collaborates w/ Marketing, Quality, Reliability, Manufacturing, Service, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs
• Translates technical information to non-technical end user documentation.
• Provides support/input into technical roadmap at systems or assembly level.
• Electrical, Control and Instrumentation System level oversight, but can also assume ownership of design/development deliverable if required.
• Applies code/standards guidelines and requirements to develop compliant product designs.
• Represents STERIS interests on AAMI or other committees.
• Supervises interactions with vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts comply with designs and specifications.
• Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree required. Graduate coursework preferred.
• Requires a minimum of 8+ years of related engineering experience.
• R&D project team leadership, including schedule, resource needs, technical scope definition, and technical oversight
• Lead continuous improvement efforts (design and certification, processes systems, products)
• Proven experience of a leading member of a team to take a concept through commercialization.
• (DFMA) Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Serviceability
• Experience with design controls (process) in a highly regulated industry; medical preferred.
• Proven experience leading an R&D team to take a concept through commercialization.
• Demonstrated ability to independently examine complex problems where analysis of situations of data requires a review of a variety of factors, and exercises judgment to determine design direction or action.
• Capable of providing electrical engineering guidance to project team engineers, designers, and technicians
• Working knowledge of electrical systems, electrical troubleshooting, and electrical testing design; hands-on individual
• Capable of solving complex electrical engineering problems through interpretation of requirements and test results
• Familiarity with controlling electro-mechanical devices such as motors, solenoids, and heaters
• Understanding of machine electrical hardware, such as wiring, connectors, mechanical packaging, thermal considerations, and power management.
• Experience in creating requirements and test procedures for electrical systems and printed circuit board assemblies
• Architect of embedded hardware design and control technology, including high-speed digital design
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Research & Development/Scientific jobs in Mentor OH, Medical jobs hiring, Manufacturing Engineer jobs in Mentor, Electrical Engineering careers, Mentor jobs in Medical sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Engineer jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Advanced Electrical Engineer.