Join Steris as Laboratory Microbiologist in Needham Massachusetts. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Needham MA.
Position : Laboratory Microbiologist
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
Work location : Needham, Massachusetts
Job Segment : Laboratory, Microbiology, Medical, Biotech, Science, Healthcare, Customer Service
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Microbiologist is the technical and scientific expert for the Laboratory. The Microbiologist has an in depth knowledge of all processes performed at the Laboratory and the science underpinning each test. The Microbiologist acts as a key point of Customer contact for providing microbiological expertise, guidance on method development and support in achieving regulatory compliance. In addition to contributing to the day to day organization of the Laboratory, the Microbiologist takes responsibility for designing and executing experiments and ensuring technical skills are are in place to apply best practice in Microbiological techniques.
1. The Microbiologist acts as a key point of Customer contact for providing microbiological expertise, guidance on method development and support in achieving regulatory compliance. The Microbiologist also must liase with Inside Sales and the Lab Operations team to determine and optimize solutions for all microbiological problems, issues or queries.
2. Design and develop optimal test methods for Customer products; this includes the authoring of technical documents including methods protocols, qualification or validation protocols and reports.
3. Take a lead role in the approval of routine Customer test paperwork; contributing to the achievement of right first time (RFT) and On Time Delivery (OTD) targets.
4. Support the Inside Sales Representative in any necessary technical discussions that could lead to generation of new business for the Laboratory and provide input to the test quotation process to ensure appropriate pricing is generated for new methods and products.
5. Develop an extensive knowledge of all laboratory processes. Operate laboratory equipment and machinery, including, but not limited to: autoclaves, balances, heating mantles, gas chromatographs, incubators, laminar air flows, cleanrooms, pH meters, filtration apparatus, temperature monitoring systems, pipettes, thermometers, kinetic and gel clot equipment, MALDI-ToF.
6. Continuously review the testing methods used in the laboratory for improvement opportunities. Continuously investigate and review the development of new methods, equipment, or instruments. Continuously review all relevant standards for change, including the pharmacopeia, and where appropriate perform gap analysis and subsequently assist with procedural review and alignment.
7. Work closely with the Laboratory Production Manager and Team Leader to ensure the effective planning and scheduling of any project work that has the potential to impact the day to day operational resource of the Laboratory.
8. Provide support and technical expertise to the site to ensure people and technical skills are in place to apply best practice in Microbiological techniques. This includes supporting the Team Leaders to ensure that all Laboratory are fully trained as required by their individual job specifications and that all training records are maintained and kept up to date as well as actively coaching, mentoring and developing Laboratory employees.
9. Where non-conformances or customer complaints occur; support the Quality team in undertaking full investigations and providing articulate responses to issues via Trackwise, also taking ownership for associated corrective actions.
10. Maintain accurate and sufficiently detailed records of all tests performed, ensuring all documentation meets Good Document Practice (GDP). Regularly perform reviews of GLP documentation generated in the Laboratory- this documentation includes, but is not limited to, protocols, reports, procedures, policies, test reports, logbooks and internal records.
11. Lead as an example, driving safety standards and cultural improvement throughout the Lab. Be a Health and Safety leader, championing Health and Safety at the Laboratory through the reinforcement of safe behavior and compliance of team members, developing safety standards, and making cultural improvements.
Duties – cont’d
Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science or ChemistryRequired Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in a Science related discipline i.e., Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry.
2. A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Technologist/Technician in a heavily microbiology focused service testing Laboratory.
3. Knowledge of General Microbiology techniques
4. Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
5. Experience directly interacting with Customers
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Tags : Steris careers in Needham, Service/Technical Services jobs in Needham MA, Laboratory jobs hiring, Microbiology jobs in Needham, Medical careers, Needham jobs in Laboratory sector, Jobs nearby in Needham Massachusetts, Steris hiring nearby me in Needham MA, Biotech jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Needham engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Needham as Laboratory Microbiologist.