Join Steris as Infection Prevention Consultant in Portland Oregon. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Portland OR.
Position : Infection Prevention Consultant
Job Category: Sales
Work location : Portland, Oregon
Job Segment : Infection Control, Special Medicine, Gastroenterology, Medical, Patient Care, Healthcare
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Infection Prevention Consultant will focus primarily on the major Hospitals and Health Systems with adjacent outpatient departments and regionally specific ASCs. Will be responsible for selling the entire CCOP suite of products including capital and consumables solution through a comprehensive approach focused on meeting with higher level decision makers within a hospital and driving top down decision making. A strong focus on influencing VAT committees and other key stakeholders. Change will be driven by identifying and eliminating clinical variance across different practice settings to help standardize the workflow to deliver a higher level of infection prevention and patient care. The Hospital/HOPD rep will have strong team play with their clinical and service counterparts and in some territories oversee and provide indirect leadership for a junior sales rep.
• Call on all target accounts with a frequency sufficient to ensure account penetration, sales growth and business maintenance within a specified geographic territory.
• Penetration of new accounts within geographic territory where Medical does not have a presence. Cultivate and maximize business through existing accounts by executing consultative/educative sales process. Representation of entire breadth of Medical product line. Maintain thorough understanding of proper ordering patterns within the acute care setting for all existing business.
• Maintain Customer pricing for Medical products within established guidelines.
• Travel as necessary within specific geographic territory to optimize Medical product exposure and penetration. Travel is part of the job function and must be performed in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Travel should be in conjunction with established call activity, account management functions, achieving current sales objectives and developing new opportunities for Medical.
Duties – cont’d
• Communicate Customer in-service and product service needs within territory appropriately.
• Maintain all correspondence for each account managed in territory utilizing sales tools such as Salesforce.com appropriately.
• On-going market research for products or services and observations including information on competitive landscape, shifts in industry focus and trends in the medical environment that might enhance Medical product offering.
• Participation in planning and implementing the marketing and sales strategy.
• Participation with Director of Sales on annual sales forecast, business plan development, and all established or opportunity mechanisms for increasing revenue within territory.
• Interact with other departments in the organization to ensure proper handling of Customer requirements. This includes but is not limited to Sales Leadership Team, Inside Sales, Marketing, Operations, Technical and Customer Service.
• Troubleshoot and evaluate all product reliability issues in assigned territory. Product issues must be reported to a Technical Service Representative and Marketing Director for rapid response initiation. Account Manager will assist in the exchange of product if needed and communicate with account throughout the entire process until completed.
• Direct the day-to-day field sales responsibilities for Medical within a specific designated geographic territory.
• Maintain and grow business within current accounts.
• Develop consultative relationships with new and existing account base to actively manage their infection control practices as they apply to endoscopic practice. Consistently in-service staff regarding infection control practices as they apply to endoscopic procedures, and any areas where Medical may demonstrate growth in the future.
• Attain monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas.
Bachelor’s DegreeRequired Experience
• Must have excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
• 3+ years of capital or disposable sales experience with an emphasis in the medical industry; Experience with selling in Hospital O.R. or GI call point is preferred
• Experience in preparing an annual business plan designed to grow and achieve required sales objectives
• Strong Understanding of Customer’s buying cycles (operational vs. capital budgets) to align for successful acquisition of products and services
• Experienced and Completed a formalized Sales Training and Development Continuum
• Capability of prioritizing opportunities and closing large capital or large disposable opportunities in a large geography
• Utilizes a defined Sales Process, CRM a must
• Ability to solution sell (multiple products at once)
• Demonstrated and documented consistent track record of high level sales success with career progression
• Experience with a complex selling environment, multiple call points and decision makers / influencers
• Experience with Field Sales Training, Task Force involvement, project leadership is preferred
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Tags : Steris careers in Portland, Sales jobs in Portland OR, Infection Control jobs hiring, Special Medicine jobs in Portland, Gastroenterology careers, Portland jobs in Infection Control sector, Jobs nearby in Portland Oregon, Steris hiring nearby me in Portland OR, Medical jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Portland engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Portland as Infection Prevention Consultant.