Join Steris as Press Brake Machine Operator-2nd shift in Montgomery Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Montgomery AL.
Position : Press Brake Machine Operator-2nd shift
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Montgomery, Alabama
Job Segment : CNC, Fabrication, Inspector, Industrial, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing, Quality
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Fabricate quality parts in a cost effective manner which will be used in the production of surgical equipment and related items and/or contracted business.
1. Set-up and operate fabrication equipment: CNC punch press, CNC Laser, CNC press brakes, manual shear, mechanical presses and die sets, fabricator, plate roller, drills and tapping heads.
2. Program CNC press brakes and also adjust parameters within the CNC controls on punch press and laser.
3. Perform basic, daily maintenance on fabrication equipment.
4. Read and interpret fabrication blueprints, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), shop orders / routings and other working documents.
5. Work with computers to claim shop orders, retrieve CNC programs and engineering blueprints and drawings.
6. Effectively use calipers, micrometers, Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), steel rules, protractors and tape measures to measure production parts.
7. Take responsibility for the quality of all parts by inspecting and immediately reporting any problems, discrepancies/or irregularities to the supervisor.
8. Follow 5S methodology to keep machines and work area clean, neat and orderly on a daily basis.
9. Assist in training other employees in the fabrication department.
10. Remain safety conscious at all times, wearing all prescribed personal protective equipment and by observing all safety rules stated in the Employee Handbook.
11. Complete any and all projects, assignments and duties as directed and instructed.
12. Conform to all policies, procedures and rules of conduct as communicated through the Employee Handbook and any other vehicle by which information is distributed by STERIS Management.
13. Ability to perform duties with minimal or no supervision if needed.
14. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and members of management.
15. Exhibit teamwork by working cohesively with the fabrication team to continuously improve.
What can STERIS offer you?
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global company that will invest in your career growth over the long term. STERIS wouldn’t be where it is today without our incredible, talented people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Competitive pay (shift differentials when/where applicable)
Training and coaching
Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
401(k) with a company match
Paid vacation time and paid holidays
Opportunities for advancement
High School Diploma or GED
High School Degree or GED required.
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
Must be able to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers.
Strong math skills and the ability to apply them.
Minimum two years sheetmetal fabrication machine operator experience.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and members of the leadership team.
Assist with training other operators.
Ability to understand and follow work instructions, both written and oral.
Ability to adapt to conditions as dictated by business requirements.
Ability to work with others.
Willingness to work overtime, if required.
Technical school degree preferred.
Knowledge, understanding and application of Lean Manufacturing tools, such as, 5S, Kanban Inventory, Visual Management, Waste elimination, and Root Cause Problem Solving are preferred.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Tags : Steris careers in Montgomery, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Montgomery AL, CNC jobs hiring, Fabrication jobs in Montgomery, Inspector careers, Montgomery jobs in CNC sector, Jobs nearby in Montgomery Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in Montgomery AL, Industrial jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Montgomery engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Montgomery as Press Brake Machine Operator-2nd shift.