Join Steris as Manager, Engineering in West Chicago Illinois. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in West Chicago IL.
Position : Manager, Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Work location : West Chicago, Illinois
Job Segment : Medical, Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Product Development, Healthcare, Engineering, Research
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Engineering Manager supervises a team of engineers for the CNC Machining division. Additionally, this role oversees all engineering activities within the department (APQP, ECN, New Product Development), implements and maintains overall engineering objectives and initiatives, and oversees a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
• Directly supervises the team of Chips Engineers and assigned staff.
• Plans, coordinates, and directs activities of the Chips Engineering team in support of existing products and the introduction of new products.
• Prioritizes and delegates daily workload for the Chips Engineering Team. Balances team’s short-term and long-term, and shop-support responsibilities.
• Manages projects and conducts project reviews as needed to ensure successful and timely completion of projects.
• Participates in the design review process.
• Determines cause and corrective actions to resolve issues involving non-compliant products or materials. Assists others in root cause and failure analysis as required.
• Develops and maintains robust, cost-efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices.
• Introduces innovative equipment and processes to the operation.
• Confers with vendors, perform due diligence, provide financial justification, purchase, plan, and install new manufacturing equipment for the plant. Manage capital investment budget
• Maintains plant layout. Provide layout change recommendations when necessary.
• Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and understands lean manufacturing techniques.
• Implements methods and practices to reduce variation.
• Works with the manufacturing sites to look at new processes and technologies to improve process efficiency, execute lean initiatives, and drives world-class manufacturing processes.
• Assesses the state of manufacturing technology for both the current and future state of the industry.
• Provide manufacturing input for Customer quotations.
• Develop and maintain all standard manufacturing processes relating to process development, equipment design, change management, and process.
• Leads in the following areas: methods, tools, jigs and fixtures, equipment, product and tooling cost estimates, work simplification and method improvements.
• Insures the equipment and systems adhere to safety requirements, as well as local, state and federal industry regulations.
• Participates in long-term planning activities such as budget planning, project work, capital projects and staff utilization
• Leads improvement efforts in productivity, safety, machine capabilities, quality and efficiency
Duties – cont’d
• Facilitates/leads continuous improvement efforts within the business using Lean Principles and Practices
• Leads career development, safety, budgetary management/cost control within the business
• Leads efforts to empower team members/team leaders in the business unit to interface and resolve issues with internal and external customers/suppliers and follow-up on problem-solving efforts
• Establishes and maintains an effective communication system within the business
• Ability to train employees one-on-one and/or teams in gauging, reading quality reports, and other critical tasks that support quality of product and development of operators
• Hands-on machining problem solving and troubleshooting
• Prepares straightforward plans, designs, calculations, analyses, etc. in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings, or other specifications.
• Conducts tests, gathers and analyzes information, helps interpret findings. May require the application of computer skills and knowledge of relevant software applications.
• Requires familiarity with technical terms or procedures basic to the function in order to communicate effectively with co-workers.
• Requires basic oral, written, and listening skills to gather, prepare, present and discuss findings and conclusions.
• Performs engineering calculations by calculator or computer to solve routine engineering problems.
• Participate as a member of the product development team; interact with cross-functional teams in various projects.
• Assists in the development of engineering drawings and specifications.
• Assists in the design and fabrication of manufacturing process equipment and methods.
• Assists in the troubleshooting of systems and equipment and performs repairs under close supervision.
• Requisitions components and supplies for engineering projects, interacting with vendors to obtain price and product information.
• Performs manufacturability studies on new product designs
• Proficient with computer software in order to perform required tasks. This includes Solid Works, Microsoft Excel, Auto CAD and Part Maker
• Must have knowledge of G code programming and use of CAM software
• Must have a full understanding of tooling applications (speed and feeds)
• Must poses knowledge of materials (machinability)
• Familiarity with various plating & heat-treating processes
• Ordering initial tooling for new jobs
• Must assist setup personnel in troubleshooting initial and existing jobs
• Production process development and improvements. This includes contacting customers and working with vendors
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering General
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Tags : Steris careers in West Chicago, Engineering jobs in West Chicago IL, Medical jobs hiring, Engineer jobs in West Chicago, Drafting careers, West Chicago jobs in Medical sector, Jobs nearby in West Chicago Illinois, Steris hiring nearby me in West Chicago IL, CAD jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for West Chicago engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in West Chicago as Manager, Engineering.