Join Steris as Inventory Clerk I in Des Plaines Illinois. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Des Plaines IL.
Position : Inventory Clerk I
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Des Plaines, Illinois
Job Segment : Clerical, Inventory, Medical, ERP, SAP, Administrative, Operations, Healthcare, Technology
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
This position assures accurate inventory data is maintained on ERP applications.
Inventory Clerk 1: Actively participates in cross training programs. Close supervision and inspection of work needed.
Inventory Clerk 2: Actively participates in cross training programs. Limited supervision and inspection of work needed.
Inventory Clerk 3: Actively participates in cross training programs. Minimal supervision and inspection of work needed.
1. Accurately follow receiving procedures for incoming items from outside vendors.*
2. Utilize SAP to execute bin management and material slotting.
3. Review, check and reconcile inventory discrepancies and variances.*
4. Check Perishable Parts inventory on a monthly basis.
5. Create and change bin locations when needed.
6. Ensure primary and bulk inventory locations are maintained for accuracy.*
7. Put away inventory accurately and in a timely manner.*
8. Active participation in daily cycle count programs.*
9. Participate in the development and implementation of improved processes and procedures.
10. Read, understand and follow written instructions on orders and instructions from Supervisors and/or Tech Leads.*
11. Ability to move inventory throughout the distribution center using various methods (i.e: carts, cherry picker, forklift, and mobile stairs).*
12. Able to obtain forklift license and operate various types of forklifts.
13. Able to operate various machinery (I.e. stretch wrap machine, tape machine, pallet jack, compactors and floor scrubber).
14. Maintain safe and clean working environment.*
15. Actively participate in the development of improved processes and procedures.
16. Ability to successfully complete all pertinent work in instructions and operating procedures.
17. Other duties as assigned.*
Duties – cont’d
High School Diploma or GEDRequired Experience
High School Diploma/ GED
Basic math skills.*
Basic computer skills.*
Good communication skills (oral, writing and reading).
Prior experience in a distribution or packaging center preferred.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Tags : Steris careers in Des Plaines, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Des Plaines IL, Clerical jobs hiring, Inventory jobs in Des Plaines, Medical careers, Des Plaines jobs in Clerical sector, Jobs nearby in Des Plaines Illinois, Steris hiring nearby me in Des Plaines IL, ERP jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Des Plaines engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Des Plaines as Inventory Clerk I.