Join Steris as Senior Quality Engineer in Birmingham Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris career in Birmingham AL.
Position : Senior Quality Engineer
Job Category: Quality
Work location : Birmingham, Alabama
Job Segment : Quality Engineer, Medical, Senior Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Quality, Healthcare
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for managing processes and leading projects to maintain and improve the quality system in accordance with the requirements of, as appropriate, the following standards: IS0 9001, ISO 13485, MDSAP and FDA 21 CFR Part 820/211, EU MDR and other applicable standards. This role leads complaint/CAPA investigations, supplier quality improvement actions, operations production and process control improvements, and product and service quality improvements with the use of statistical techniques and other accepted quality principles. This role plans and executes activities concerned with the development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of STERIS quality systems.
What You Will Do
• Serves as the Core Team Member on cross-functional new product/service development teams with focus on the execution of quality plans and design/service transfer.
• Develops and implements statistically valid sampling plans, designed experiments, capability studies, SPC and trend analysis in support of products and service improvements.
• Leads process and product corrective actions and problem-solving activities.
• Reviews the current quality system and recommend / implement improvements as needed.
• Uses data to perform statistical analysis and recommend process / product changes to improve product and service quality.
• Leads projects focused on quality system, product quality and service quality improvements.
• Develops analyses and reports on the performance of the quality system.
What You Will Do – cont’d
• Leads supplier audits and corrective actions.
• Leads and supports internal and external quality system audits.
• Instructs other STERIS employees in quality principles, effective corrective actions, and valid statistical techniques.
• Collaborates with other departments and facilities within the company on quality related issues.
• Supervises Quality Engineers and/or other Quality staff in the execution of their assigned duties and objectives.
• Maintains product integrity and quality through the evaluation and disposition of nonconforming materials and processes.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
What Will Help You Be Successful
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering or related technical discipline
• Minimum six (6) to ten (10) years of combined Manufacturing/Quality Engineering and/or Quality Systems experience.
• Minimum six (6) to ten (10) years of experience with medical device or other regulated industries preferred.
• Minimum six (6) to ten (10) years of experience working in an ISO certified environment required.
• ASQ, QSR or familiarity with QSR/GMP regulations preferred.
• Ability to lead and develop direct reports.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Focus on identification of potential issues and continuous improvement.
• Experience working on cross-functional teams and on own initiative.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills.
• Must have PC experience, as well as working familiarity of desktop applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with statistical analysis software and Visio preferred.
What We Offer You
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Tags : Steris careers in Birmingham, Quality jobs in Birmingham AL, Quality Engineer jobs hiring, Medical jobs in Birmingham, Senior Quality Engineer careers, Birmingham jobs in Quality Engineer sector, Jobs nearby in Birmingham Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in Birmingham AL, Manufacturing Engineer jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Birmingham engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Birmingham as Senior Quality Engineer.