Join Steris as Manager, Distribution in Des Plaines Illinois. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Des Plaines IL.
Position : Manager, Distribution
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Des Plaines, Illinois
Job Segment : Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Inspector, Procurement, Operations, Quality
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
This position provides leadership and manages daily operations within the distribution department (pick, pack, ship, custom kitting) to ensure timely, efficient, and accurate processing of customer orders. Uses relevant data from various sources to assure customer requirements are met. Implements continuous improvement ideas to drive productivity and assure attainment of financial goals. Supports the ISO quality system while reviewing, creating, and implementing procedures and maintaining a highly trained, quality-driven workforce.
1. Manage staff to meet desired results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, training, coaching, counseling, and appraising job results.
2. Responsible for the overall development, engagement, retention, cross-training, and succession planning of team members.
3. Actively manage performance issues in a timely manner.
4. Ensure efficient, accurate, complete, and timely delivery of customer orders.
5. Develop and cascade departmental KPIs, aligned to organizational strategy, and utilize routine management SQDC boards to ensure KPIs are on track.
6. Collaborate with team members to develop, implement, and complete countermeasures when targets are not achieved.
7. Take a lead role in the identification of continuous improvement and team-building opportunities within the operation. Partner with other site leaders and CI team members to rigorously implement lean principles.
8. Contribute to achieving financial objectives and manage the departmental budget to plan.
9. Maintain associate staffing and scheduling to meet the requirements of the distribution center.
10. Executes and supports strategic management objectives.
11. Communicate collaboratively and effectively cross-functionally to ensure efficient processes are implemented to optimize customer outcomes.
12. Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures that lend to accomplishing departmental goals.
13. Ensure quality systems are adhered to by maintaining ISO standards.
14. Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
1 BS/BA degree, preferably in supply chain management with at least 3-5 years of supervisory experience in distribution, production planning, inventory control, or procurement.
2 Familiarity with packaging materials and manufacturing processes in a medical device environment.
3 Prior experience using SAP/MRP system desired.
4 Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5 Collaboration skills that support relationship building.
6 Strong customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
7 Solid analytical and problem-solving resolution skills.
8 Proven ability to manage multiple tasks.
9 Strong planning and organizational skills.
10 Proficient with MS Office.
11 Strong process improvement skills (ability to develop and implement processes).
12 Ability to forecast and adapt to changes in workforce headcount and skill requirements
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Tags : Steris careers in Des Plaines, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Des Plaines IL, Supply Chain Manager jobs hiring, Supply Chain jobs in Des Plaines, Inspector careers, Des Plaines jobs in Supply Chain Manager sector, Jobs nearby in Des Plaines Illinois, Steris hiring nearby me in Des Plaines IL, Procurement jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Des Plaines engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Des Plaines as Manager, Distribution.