Join Steris as Import/Export Logistics Specialist in Des Plaines Illinois. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Des Plaines IL.
Position : Import/Export Logistics Specialist
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Des Plaines, Illinois
Job Segment : Logistics, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, ERP, Business Process, Operations, Technology, Management
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
This role is responsible for timely and accurate submittal of all documentation for import and export shipments with appropriate agencies. Also maintains master data integrity related to shipping and global trade. Assists in day-to-day management and interaction with transportation partners as well as the implementation of policies and procedures in the transportation department.
1. Prepare or examine various documents, including commercial invoices, packing lists, bills of lading, SLI’s, hazardous materials declarations, certificates of origin, FTA certs, letters of credit, and insurance documentation and claims to achieve business objectives and to ensure compliance with the US and foreign government regulations.
2. Work with customs brokers to ensure clearance and release of company products, on a timely basis, by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Food and Drug Administration.
3. Assign, enter, review, and maintain logistics-related master data (HTS codes, Incoterms, Country of Origin, etc.) in the ERP system. Assist with new material setups.
4. Receive, review and update customer routing guides in the ERP system.
5. Review and update lists of sanctioned or restricted customers, countries, financial institutions, cargo vessels, aircraft, etc.
6. Ensure compliance with applicable hazardous materials shipping regulations (U.S. Department of Transportation 49CFR, IATA & IMO Regulations)
7. Prepare monthly freight spending reports for review with the leadership team.
8. Develop, track, analyze, and communicate carrier service level KPI’s. Participate in the development of countermeasures with carriers to improve service levels.
9. Interact with external parties (carriers, customs brokers, and others) regarding financial matters (billing issues, import duty drawbacks, insurance claims, etc.).
10. Obtain quotes from carriers for inbound and outbound freight movements and communicate to internal and external customers.
11. Monitor shipments and communicate status to internal and external interested parties.
12. Participate in various logistics-related process improvement projects such as TMS upgrades and Kaizen events. Create work standards (SOP’s) and train daily operators.
13. Continually expand knowledge of the transportation industry, import/export regulations, market conditions, and industry trends.
14. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GEDFunctional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. B.S., Logistics/ Supply Chain Management preferred, with 1-3 years experience supporting import/export logistics.
2. 6-8 years experience supporting import/export logistics in lieu of degree.
3. Extensive knowledge and experience with respect to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
4. Experience and familiarity with letters of credit, cargo insurance, demurrage, and surveying.
5. Hazmat certified (or certifiable).
6. SAP and MS Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
7. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
8. Effective verbal and written skills necessary to communicate with internal and external customers.
9. Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
10. Meticulous and detail-oriented.
11. Strong interpersonal and customer interface skills
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Tags : Steris careers in Des Plaines, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Des Plaines IL, Logistics jobs hiring, Supply Chain Manager jobs in Des Plaines, Supply Chain careers, Des Plaines jobs in Logistics sector, Jobs nearby in Des Plaines Illinois, Steris hiring nearby me in Des Plaines IL, ERP jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Des Plaines engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Des Plaines as Import/Export Logistics Specialist.