Join Steris as Buyer I in Montgomery Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Montgomery AL.
Position : Buyer I
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Montgomery, Alabama
Job Segment : QC, Accounts Payable, Supply Chain, Procurement, Supply, Quality, Finance, Operations
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Buyer is responsible for the purchase of assigned commodities to meet production needs and internal specifications. The Buyer will identify and select suppliers, negotiate prices and terms with and establish and manage relationships with designated suppliers, will manage the purchasing cycle and will address supplier quality issues related to supplier product.
What You Will Do
• Secures quotes from qualified suppliers of assigned materials to obtain most favorable prices and services consistent with quality requirements.
• Purchases product to support Manufactured Products and non-inventory requirements.
• Expedites purchase orders in order to maintain material flow and provide customer requests.
• Maintains appropriate purchasing files as required.
• Plans and negotiates long-term contracts with favorable impact on inventory goals, quality, continuity of supply and corporate cost objectives.
• Negotiates and facilitates the return of rejected and obsolete material. Reconciles Accounts Payable discrepancies.
• Analyzes suppliers for financial health and stability of the company. Assists quality department in assessing the supplier’s ability to meet STERIS quality requirements.
• Manages commodity to meet strategic position of the company.
• Selects and maintains suppliers to support manufacturing and corporate procurement requirements.
• Works with Quality Control for inventory items and the requisitioners for non-inventory items to assure that the supplier fully understands the quality requirements of the purchase.
• Participates in any quality audits of assigned supplier and maintains records, which will allow STERIS to evaluate supplier performance.
What You Need to be Successful
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
• 0 – 2 years’ experience in procurement field Experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Direct hands-on experience in a MRP system environment preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Displays willingness to make timely decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Strong negotiation skills: ability to reach agreement while avoiding conflict/dispute. Ability to achieve favorable outcomes for STERIS.
• Ability to work in a team environment. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives / welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team environment; establishes and maintains constructive working relationships; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Able to work independently with some instruction from management.
• Self-starter, someone who is proactive and who can lead by example. Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibility; asks for and offers help when needed.
What We Offer You
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Tags : Steris careers in Montgomery, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Montgomery AL, QC jobs hiring, Accounts Payable jobs in Montgomery, Supply Chain careers, Montgomery jobs in QC sector, Jobs nearby in Montgomery Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in Montgomery AL, Procurement jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Montgomery engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Montgomery as Buyer I.