Join Steris as Senior Buyer in Montgomery Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Montgomery AL.
Position : Senior Buyer
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Montgomery, Alabama
Job Segment : Supply Chain, Accounts Payable, Material Planner, Purchasing, Procurement, Operations, Finance, Manufacturing
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Buyer II is responsible for the purchase of assigned commodities to meet production needs and internal specifications. The Buyer II will negotiate with and manage relationships with suppliers, will complete all necessary transactional work for purchasing, and will address and quality issues realted to supplier product.
What You Will Do
• Identify opportunities for and implement continous improvement activities to impact overall purchasing department’s quality, cost, and delivery initatives.
• Implement and maintain standard work documentation and other Lean procedures to ensure compliance.
• Source and secure quotes from qualified suppliers of assigned materials to obtain most favorable prices, and products/services consistent with quality requirements.
• Purchase product to support Materials Planning, Manufactured Products, and Non-Inventory requirements.
• Work with requisitioners and/or varying departments to ensure understanding of product prior to order placement.
• Prepare purchase orders, verifying specifications and price.
• Distribute purchase orders to suppliers.
• Monitor item deliveries and expedite orders as needed.
• Verify receipt of items; resolve any shipping errors with suppliers as needed.
• Authorize payment for purchase; resolve any invoice errors with Accounts Payable.
• Develop procedures to resolve trending errors thereby preventing reoccurrences.
• Reconcile Problem Packing Slips / Bills of Lading / Certificate of Conformance or Analysis and facilitate the return of rejected material.
• Keep abreast of current market trends and developments within area of responsibility to take advantage of all opportunities offered to improve quality of service. Report relevant market changes to management. Obtain recommendations from suppliers for alternate sources when applicable.
• Works with Supply Chain Manager to develop and implement short and long term purchase plans for materials and services in area of responsibility.
• Work closely with affected departments (i.e. Operations, Material Planning, Quality Control, etc.) to ensure needed parts, suppliers and / or services are obtained to meet schedule requirements. Confirm available inventory items by verifying stock and scheduling delivery.
• Engage in negotiations with vendors on pricing, delivery, service and quality as required and within limitations imposed by purchasing procedures.
• Act as an authorized agent of the company with the responsibility to commit company resources through contracts and agreements for the procurement of goods and services.
• Consult with Legal, Finance, Quality and Regulatory during negotiations to resolve supplier contractual issues.
• Participate in supplier audits. Assist Quality department in assessing the supplier’s ability to meet STERIS quality requirements.
• Initiate, evaluate and track supplier cost, quality and delivery improvement initiatives.
• Analyze suppliers for financial health and stability of the Company.
• As needed, provide cost forecasts or reports to Financial Department and Supply Chain Manager for area of responsibility. May assist with developing and implementing annual cost reduction program [without compromising the reliability or quality of STERIS’ supply chain.
• Support STERIS new product initiatives including coordinating supplier selection on new products and participate on new product development teams as required.
• Ensure compliance of company procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain appropriate purchasing files as required.
What You Need to Be Successful
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
• 3- 6 years progressive experience in procurement field
• Professional certification (SPM, CPIM, CSCP) preferred
• Experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred.
• Solid understanding of industry and commodity.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Direct hands on experience in an MRP system environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
• Displays willingness to make timely decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Strong negotiation skills: ability to reach agreement while avoiding conflict/dispute. Able to achieve favorable outcome for STERIS.
• Ability to work in a team environment. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives / welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team environment; establishes and maintains constructive working relationships; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Ability to travel up to 15%, as needed.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Tags : Steris careers in Montgomery, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Montgomery AL, Supply Chain jobs hiring, Accounts Payable jobs in Montgomery, Material Planner careers, Montgomery jobs in Supply Chain sector, Jobs nearby in Montgomery Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in Montgomery AL, Purchasing jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Montgomery engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Montgomery as Senior Buyer.