Join Steris as Associate Scientist II in St. Louis Missouri. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Research & Development/Scientific careers in St. Louis MO.
Position : Associate Scientist II
Job Category: Research & Development/Scientific
Work location : St. Louis, Missouri
Job Segment : R&D, Research Scientist, Laboratory, Technical Writer, Chemistry, Research, Science, Technology
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Are you interested in contributing to a healthier and safer world? Under the direction of the sueprvising scientist or manager, the Associate Scientist completes assigned laboratory studies/tasks which include accurate and through recording of raw data, mathematical analysis and data compilation and discussion of results.
What Will You Do
• Conducts laboratory experiements under direction of supervisor
• Possess basic laboratory skills including:
preparation of reagents.
Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (i.e. incubators, water baths, spectrophotometers, pH meters and other optical instruments)
Skills specific to area of assignment. For example:
Microbiology – methodologies including aseptic technique when sulturing, plating, and handling, microorganisms isolation, plate counting, and gram stains.
Abilitiy to read and interpret SDS siles and handle organic and inorganic chemicals.
Thorough and accurate documentation of raw data
Adherence to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s)
• Maintains the Research Notebook information on activities undertaken, existing conditions and observed results.
• Analyzes and compiles data. Provideds interpretation of data under the supervisor’s guidance.
• Recognizes and communicates unexpected results in a timely manner.
• Drafts and completes protocols and reports under the supervisor’s guidance.
• Retrieves information from scientific literature.
• Serves as member of project sub teams.
• Maintains a level of technical knowledge and understanding in the assigned area of responsibility that is consistent with the current scientific literature.
• Writes and revises standard operating procedures (SOPs) under supervisor’s direction.
• Understands and complies with accepted laboratory and safety procedures.
• Takes initiative to identify and recommend potential improvements.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Microbiology preferred.
• Internship or professional work experience in a corporate environment or academia.
• Possess basic laboratory skills.
• Skilled in the use of basic chemistry laboratory equipment.
• Ability to read and follow protocols/SOP’s/methods.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication (technical writing, written and verbal) and problem-solving skills.
• Formulation experience is a plus.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Tags : Steris careers in St. Louis, Research & Development/Scientific jobs in St. Louis MO, R&D jobs hiring, Research Scientist jobs in St. Louis, Laboratory careers, St. Louis jobs in R&D sector, Jobs nearby in St. Louis Missouri, Steris hiring nearby me in St. Louis MO, Technical Writer jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for St. Louis engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in St. Louis as Associate Scientist II.