Join Steris as Technical Trainer – STERIS University in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Training & Development careers in Mentor OH.
Position : Technical Trainer – STERIS University
Job Category: Training & Development
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Testing, Field Service, Hydraulics, Inspector, Laboratory, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Science
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
At STERIS, our world-class technical training center with highly skilled and qualified Technical Trainers allows us to provide a broad range of hands-on training courses. Offering the opportunity to move from fundamental to advanced knowledge levels, ensuring employees, Customers and clients are able to obtain highly valued hands-on, practical and theoretical knowledge. Our student centered training approach and product specific training labs are designed to enhance the learning experience. Our trainings range from on-line, in-person, and even on-site that can be self guided, or multi-week enhanced educational programs.
At STERIS, we don’t just train new employees. We provide continued product, procedure, and best practice training to our Customers, tenured employees and clients at all levels. This means you might work with new employees such as our Field Service Technicians and even some of our Customers employees that use and work with/on our equipment on a daily basis. You will be tasked with training our employees, Customers, clients, and other business partners on STERIS equipment, best practices, software, and procedures amongst other duties.
• Train through various modes of delivery including but not limited to Classroom and Virtual lectures, group discussions and role plays, simulations, testing and evaluation, team exercises, asynchronous, virtual/remote training delivery, etc.
• Conducts technical and related training programs both at Company sites and off-site as needed to teach, mentor, coach and/or monitor new and seasoned employees/Customers attending courses or using training equipment/facilities.
• Assist in the creation of training programs, including outline text, handouts, and tests, and designs laboratory exercises, applying knowledge of all or some of the following: surgical instrument repair, electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, software, and equipment documents.
• Skillfully and masterfully demonstrates procedures being taught, such as preventative maintenance, surgical instrument repair, while applying knowledge of all/some of the following, electrical /electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics, using hand tools, measuring instruments, testing equipment, and following course outlines.
• Perform classroom duties as required to train STERIS and CUSTOMER personnel according to assigned curriculums.
• These duties include, but are not limited to, classroom lecture, group discussions/role plays, testing and evaluation, interactive/distance training, etc.
• Perform Lab/Practicum duties as required to train students according to assigned curriculums.
• Promote safety and safe work practices at all times, and advise students of STERIS practices/procedures as they relate to their job, as well as to the STERIS Service Training facilities.
• Counsel students and provide recommendation remediation to students on an as-needed basis.
• Perform assignments requiring Domestic or International travel, as required.
• Minimum Associates Degree in relevant Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Instructional background required
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Mechanical or Instructional background highly preferred.
• Certification in an approved instructor training program and/or 2+ years’ experience in formal (adult) training; industrial, vocational or technical training.is highly preferred.
• Equivalent experience may be considered as replacement for some of these requirements.
Experience / Skills / Requirements:
• Must possess clear oral and written communication skills. Must have strong ability to mentor colleagues in all areas of training expertise to enhance other instructor’s skills.
• Experience with classroom and eLearning instructional development and delivery accompanied with strong facilitation, influencing, and troubleshooting skills.
• Capability to build and maintain learner interest during training.
• Must be able to read and interpret technical documentation, such as electrical and plumbing schematics, diagrams, Isometric and sectional drawings, etc
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Training & Development jobs in Mentor OH, Testing jobs hiring, Field Service jobs in Mentor, Hydraulics careers, Mentor jobs in Testing sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Inspector jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Technical Trainer – STERIS University.