Join Steris as Senior Electrical Engineer in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Engineering careers in Mentor OH.
Position : Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Electrical Engineering, Medical Device Engineer, Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
STERIS develops a variety of Sterilizers that are an essential part of the decontamination and sterilization process performed by sterile processing departments (SPD) in healthcare facilities. STERIS offers one of the broadest range of both steam and low temperature sterilizers and has a solution available to maximize department productivity and optimize workflow.
The Senior Electrical Sustaining Engineer will lead product improvement initiatives, cost reduction efforts and resolution of electrical component availability due to obsolescence and/or availability. This person will collaborate with cross functional team members and external suppliers to identify and execute sustaining projects.
You will apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to accomplish assigned engineering tasks, such as component selection and analysis, printed circuit board re-design and cable/harness design. This person will assist manufacturing and service to resolve problems.
*This position is located in Mentor, Ohio with an opportunity for a hybrid work schedule.
• Specifies, designs, develops and verifies electronic and electrical designs.
• Evaluates and tests for EMC and Safety compliance for medical device electronic equipment.
• Evaluates and qualifies alternate source electronic components. Updates designs as necessary.
• Troubleshoots production and field issues.
• Leads design related quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
• Participates in technical design reviews of products and design requirements documents.
• Performs engineering analysis, including simulation and tolerance analysis to ensure product functionality.
• Develops test protocols and reports to validate changes and ensure product reliability.
• Assesses impact of changes to standards (including 60601-1, 61010-1-101) on existing products. Performs additional testing and design changes as necessary.
• Works directly with contract manufacturers and STERIS sourcing to support production.
• Manages interactions with vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts comply with designs and specifications.
• Supports design, development and maintenance of functional testers at the contract manufacturer sites.
• Generates and manages Engineering Change Requests/Notices.
• Supports Design Transfer activities from R&D to Sustaining Engineering.
• Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree required in addition to a minimum of 5+ years of related engineering experience.
• Working knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals including, analog/digital design, sensors, optoelectronics, embedded microcontrollers, and EMC.
• Experience with design and application of various sensor technologies, such as pressure transducers and thermal couples/RTDs, etc.
• Experience with safety and EMC standards, including IEC/EN61010-1, 61326-1, 60601-1.
• Experience with lab test equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power analyzers, function generators, etc.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and capable of working across multiple assigned projects.
• Experience with developing design verification protocols, execution, and report generation (V&V).
• Experience working with vendors and contract manufacturers.
• Self-motivated and innovative.
• Familiarity with user interface technologies, such as touch-screen displays, printers and other HMI accessories.
• Understanding of machine communication protocols and data acquisition.
• Experience with electrical engineering design tools, including schematic capture and layout is beneficial. Experience with Altium is preferred.
• Experience in analog, digital and mixed circuit simulation and modeling, such as LTspice and tolerance stackups is beneficial.
• Lean Six Sigma / (DFMA) Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Serviceability is beneficial.
• Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC’s) and/or NI DAQ equipment and LabVIEW is a plus.
• Travel up to 10% including internationally.
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Engineering jobs in Mentor OH, Electrical Engineering jobs hiring, Medical Device Engineer jobs in Mentor, Thermal Engineering careers, Mentor jobs in Electrical Engineering sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Manufacturing Engineer jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Senior Electrical Engineer.