Join Steris as Sr. Electrical Designer in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Engineering careers in Mentor OH.
Position : Sr. Electrical Designer
Job Category: Engineering
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Drafting, Medical Device, Infection Control, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering, Healthcare
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Contributing to the ongoing sustainment of state of the art Sterilizers used in hospitals for the purpose of Infection Prevention is a vital part the IPT (Infection Prevention Technology) Engineering team at STERIS. As a Senior Electrical Designer you will:
• Perform a full range of drafting and design duties with only general instructions and guidance required from supervisor or engineers
• Design and model components and subassemblies in ACAD and/or ProE (2D drawings and 3D modeling) in accordance with company standards.
• Generate accurate and efficient 3D models and drawing assembly packages as a manufacturing and assembly aid.
• Champion the use of design and drafting principles and technologies in the documentation of design solutions for medical devices.
• Design and/or troubleshoot simple PCBAs
• Provide guidance to junior level designers in the design and development of documentation required for the manufacturing construction of new electromechanical subassemblies to meet company, team and project goals.
• The following are expected to be performed with only general instructions and guidance:
o Design and model detailed, complex component and subassembly drawings, harness drawings and other documentation as required for new product design.
o Create CAD models and assists with developing design layouts and drawings for a variety of components, electrical harnesses, sub-assemblies, PCB/PCBA designs, enclosures and/or equipment in support of project needs.
o Prepare complete and accurate layouts and drawings: critical views, tolerance areas, component requirements and placement, material selection and manufacturability in support of current products, new designs, methods, materials and process studies
o Design detailed BOMs, keypad schematics, electrical system schematics and electrical equipment drawings.
o Designs for best manufacturability process for components and subassemblies, including cost effectiveness, reliability and DFMA principles.
o Responsible for ensuring that drawings and models are accurate, complete and complies to company engineering specifications and drafting standards, including review of final check prints, collecting all necessary drawing approvals and releasing production drawings.
• Interacts with vendors, suppliers and consultants regularly to design complex subassemblies and procure R&D samples in line with requirements and specifications.
• Work as a collaborative team member on engineering projects.
• Provides technical assistance to Engineering, Manufacturing, Service, Purchasing, etc…on implementation of ECN’s through the PLM system as related to design or manufacturing documentation.
• Assists with building prototype assemblies, expediting R&D samples, validation of new or existing components, and other associated duties.
• Assists with developing junior designers in regards to enforcing good drafting/design practices.
• Other duties as assigned
• Requires a two to three year college or technical school program in engineering design/drafting technology or in a related field
• Requires a minimum of 5+ years of related engineering design/drafting technology experience.
• Ability to perform technical analysis and generate required technical reports.
• Proficient in 2D CAD tools and some exposure to 3D CAD modeling (PRO/E preferred).
• Experience with assembling and inspecting PCB/PCBA layout, schematics, and manufacturing assembly packages, including having awareness PCB/PCBA industry standards (i.e. IPC and RoHS)
• Experience with electrical/electromechanical subassembly and enclosure design, layout, and assembly.
• Experience with designing electrical harness assemblies, electrical system schematics and electrical equipment drawings.
• Experience with selection criteria for electronics, basic electrical components, basic sensors, and switches, including component substitutions.
• Experience with troubleshooting and repairing electromechanical assemblies, including use of test equipment and tools.
• Understanding of basic keypad design, construction and manufacturing.
• Ability to follow design control processes and quality procedures, including familiarity with creating and processing engineering change notices.
• Experience accurately applying design guidelines and industry standards to assist in the design of new products.
• Self-motivated and great with multitasking.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Desirable: Experience in Design for Manufacturing Assembly (DFMA)
• Desirable: Experience with one or more materials, technologies and manufacturing methods, such as:
o Metal, plastics, rubber, composites
o Bearings, seals, adhesives
o Machining, molding
• Desirable: Experience in a highly regulated industry such as medical device
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Engineering jobs in Mentor OH, Drafting jobs hiring, Medical Device jobs in Mentor, Infection Control careers, Mentor jobs in Drafting sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Electrical jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Sr. Electrical Designer.