Join Steris as Supervisor, Manufacturing: 1st Shift in Montgomery Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Montgomery AL.
Position : Supervisor, Manufacturing: 1st Shift
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Montgomery, Alabama
Job Segment : Manager, Industrial, Inspector, Management, Manufacturing, Quality
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will assume responsibility of directing resources as required to assure timely completion of build requirements to meet demand of all customers. The Manufacturing Supervisor will also assume responsibility of managing all aspects of their department to meet annual goals and objectives as related to improving Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Safety. (SQDC)
1. Directing labor resources as required to meet production requirements.
2. Responsible for updating, analyzing, and extrapolating data supporting SQDC improvements
3. Using Lean Tools; identify, participate, and implement Kaizen activities to impact departments overall quality, cost, and delivery initiatives.
4. Participate in the data analysis and making recommending for continuous event activities
5. Manage department spending and overtime while staying within budget requirements.
6. Perform 5S, Standard Work, and Stand-in-Circle audits identifying opportunities of improvement.
7. Perform extensive root cause analysis using our 8 Step Problem Solving Tools and implement corrective action measures.
8. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline employees; time and attendance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
9. Provide coaching and training as well as implementing corrective action as required.
10. Participates and facilitate the implementation of Safety and Ergonomic improvements.
11. Manage and facilitate the implementation of the Idea Generation System.
12. Manage and facilitate T-Card (5s) sustainment and audit activities.
13. Develop and manage departmental budget requirements to include capital requisitions.
14. Maintain, evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements in material requirements to drive down inventory levels.
15. The above statements reflect the general details of the job and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all duties inherent in the job.
Duties – cont’d
High School Diploma or GED
1. College degree in Business or related field preferred or equivalent experience and education.
2. Prior Supervisory experience desired.
3. Strong leadership skills
4. Prior Lean knowledge and application required.
5. Willingness to work various shifts and overtime as required.
6. Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks for timely completion of job responsibilities.
7. Ability to read and interpret manufacturing blueprints and specifications.
8. Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications such as EXCEL, Microsoft WORD, Office. Direct hands on experience in an MRP systems environment preferred.
9. Key competencies include sound business judgment, decision making, and negotiating skills. Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
10. Adapts to changes in work environment; ability to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
11. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments to reach goals; completes tasks on time.
12. Requires effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with all employees at all levels of management.
13. Self starter, someone who is proactive and who can lead by example.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Tags : Steris careers in Montgomery, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Montgomery AL, Manager jobs hiring, Industrial jobs in Montgomery, Inspector careers, Montgomery jobs in Manager sector, Jobs nearby in Montgomery Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in Montgomery AL, Management jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Montgomery engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Montgomery as Supervisor, Manufacturing: 1st Shift.