Join Steris as Repair Specialist in Bensenville Illinois. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Service/Technical Services careers in Bensenville IL.
Position : Repair Specialist
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
Work location : Bensenville, Illinois
Job Segment : QA, Quality Assurance, Instrumentation, Medicaid, Medicare, Technology, Quality, Engineering, Healthcare
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our Healthcare Customers are federally mandated (by Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or CMS) requiring vendors to have the COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption. There are select Customers who do not accept any exceptions. Unvaccinated Associates may be excluded from working at a Customer site, require routine testing with an approved exemption (if accepted by the Customer) or have limited Customer access impacting their ability to remain employed. Additionally, we may be required to meet state mandates on COVID-19 vaccination, exemptions and/or booster requirements. This position is a Customer-facing role that falls under a state or CMS mandate.
Why is the Repair Specialist role crucial to our business and our Customers?
• With surgical instruments that are sharpened and working properly, surgeons can focus on the patient.
• Some of our Customers choose to utilize our mobile repair service, where we perform sharpening and repairing of their surgical instruments on site at the hospital, which means convenience for our Customers.
• Some of our Customers choose to utilize our in house repair lab service, where we are set up full time inside their hospital, where they have access to our repair team whenever they need, which means efficiency for our Customers.
• Some of our Customers choose to send their surgical instruments into one of our five national repair centers, where we have teams ranging from 25-40 that are ready to repair their instruments and return them back to the Customer within days.
• Click this link to watch a short video that explains more!
What can STERIS offer you?
We Offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package, including:
• Growth opportunity
• Competitive pay
• Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
• Extensive hands-on training and development
• All necessary tools provided
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• 401(k) with a company match
• Paid vacation time and paid holidays
• Tuition assistance
• Assumes role as onsite lead for 1-2 other Repair Technicians by managing workflow and day to day Customer needs.
• Responsible for mentoring less experienced Repair Technicians.
• Repairs stainless surgical instrumentation.
• Responsible for Customer and account support tasks, including but not limited to, billing, quality assurance and inventory.
• Partners with Field Service Operations Manager to understand and achieve contract compliance and Customer satisfaction for
• Identifies and escalates risks and issues within Customer accounts timely and effectively.
• Collaborates with assigned team and National Asset Management team to ensure current and new account implementation is effective.
High School Diploma or GEDRequired Experience
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, including a combination of 2 years surgical instrument repair and maintenance experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with operational tasks, such as coordinating, inspecting and team collaboration.
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and other related systems and tools.
• Must be able to meet flexible schedules with occasional early/ late hours and occasional overnights
• Must be able to pass a DOT medical exam.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Must be at least 21 years old to meet the FMCSA age requirement for commercial interstate driving.
• Must maintain required vaccines.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Tags : Steris careers in Bensenville, Service/Technical Services jobs in Bensenville IL, QA jobs hiring, Quality Assurance jobs in Bensenville, Instrumentation careers, Bensenville jobs in QA sector, Jobs nearby in Bensenville Illinois, Steris hiring nearby me in Bensenville IL, Medicaid jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Bensenville engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Bensenville as Repair Specialist.