Join Steris as Lead Systems Analyst in Birmingham Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Information Technology careers in Birmingham AL.
Position : Lead Systems Analyst
Job Category: Information Technology
Work location : Birmingham, Alabama
Job Segment : Testing, Systems Analyst, QA, Quality Assurance, Database, Technology, Quality
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Lead Systems Analyst will provide consultation as a solutions provider to business leaders, end users, Customers and technical resources. The individual will play key roles across many disciplines of the Software Development Lifecycle including project management, requirements gathering, business process design, system functional design, system technical design, quality assurance, support, and implementation. This role also assists and mentors more junior team members with more complex aspects of their role. The system solutions require the analyst to provide expertise is a variety of technologies including enterprise software products, web applications, desktop applications, database systems, and business intelligence tools.
Leadership – 10%
1. Manages the largest, most complex, and most time-sensitive projects
2. Mentor junior team members in their communication with business.
3. Reviews work of more junior team members to provide feedback on accuracy, succinctness, and alternate solutions.
4. Mentors junior team members in handling more technically complex systems and designs and communicating those to development teams.
5. Aides in the implementation of changes to IT general controls processes related to auditing, monitoring, approvals and validation.
6. Assists junior team members with SQL needs related to their roles but beyond their expertise.
Business Partnership/Engagement – 40%
1. Leads Requirements Gathering sessions to formulate and define objectives using various research and fact-finding techniques, such as story mapping, prototyping, questionnaires, surveys, interviews, sampling, observation, working sessions, and walkthroughs.
2. Develops and maintains a prioritized backlog of business needs in the form of User Stories.
3. Translates User Stories into workflow and procedural changes and specifications for system modifications.
4. Prepares functional, system and technical program specifications and requirements using a structured approach.
5. Ensures requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, traceable, unambiguous and verifiable and that they conform to defined standards.
6. Clearly communicates business needs to development teams in an organized and timely manner using the principles of lean agile software development.
7. Develops and maintains system and business process documentation.
8. Works with software developers to help them understand requirements and to ensure the completeness and accuracy of related documents and specifications.
9. Provides end-user notification and training for new or changed system functionality either in person, through documentation, or through web-based training.
Duties – cont’d
Technical Partnership/Engagement – 40%
1. Works within an agile framework to facilitate development teams consistently delivering business value in an environment with rapidly growing business needs.
2. Applies business and technology expertise to improve business processes and support critical system strategies.
3. Maintains a development team backlog by writing User Stories and facilitating User Story refining sessions.
4. Designs solutions to business needs across multiple IT systems and technology stacks.
5. Clearly and concisely communicates business needs and proposed solutions to development teams through a combination of methods (verbal, written, and visual) appropriate to the need.
6. Develops and maintains system and business process documentation.
7. Participates in Quality Assurance cycles and executes testing to ensure applications satisfy end user requirements using a standard process and testing methodology.
8. Actively participates in reviews of specifications, requirements, etc. to develop, document and implement repeatable test plans.
9. Works with end users and developers to proactively diagnose problems through research, analysis, and understanding of requirements.
10. Participates in technical design reviews to help identify issues early in the development lifecycle.
11. Provide input into database design as it relates to how the design meets functional business needs.
12. Utilizes advanced SQL skills to run database queries to gain an understanding of system behavior and usage.
13. Works closely with the Manager, IT Delivery Solutions to assist in management and planning of IT projects.
14. Works closely with other IT teams to plan work effectively.
15. Works within IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance to regulatory controls including but not limited to SOX.
16. Aides in the IT general controls processes related to auditing, monitoring, approvals and validation.
Production Support – 10%
17. Diagnoses and manages software defects and system anomalies to a successful resolution.
18. Consults with end-users concerning corrective actions as needed in a calm and professional manner.
Bachelor’s DegreeRequired Experience
At least 10 years of experience in an agile Software Development Lifecycle (15 years w/o degree)
At least 10 years of experience capturing business needs in User Stories (10 years w/o degree)
At least 10 years of experience creating functional designs (10 years w/o degree)
At least 10 years of experience facilitating meetings (10 years w/o degree)
At least 6 years of experience writing SQL to query data (10 years w/o degree)
At least 4 years of experience in software testing (6 years w/o degree)
Domestic Travel RequiredTravel up to 10%-25%
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Tags : Steris careers in Birmingham, Information Technology jobs in Birmingham AL, Testing jobs hiring, Systems Analyst jobs in Birmingham, QA careers, Birmingham jobs in Testing sector, Jobs nearby in Birmingham Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in Birmingham AL, Quality Assurance jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Birmingham engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Birmingham as Lead Systems Analyst.