Join Steris as Director, Strategic Sourcing in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Mentor OH.
Position : Director, Strategic Sourcing
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Product Development, Operations, Research, Management
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Director Strategic Sourcing will lead and manage the sourcing and supply chain strategy for direct commodities for our chemical-based products. This position will provide sourcing, commodity, and supply base management expertise to ensure that all aspects of the sourcing process meet STERIS’ quality, production, and corporate procurement requirements. Drive leadership in quality, availability, flexibility, and cost. Support to all business unit R&D projects and purchasing groups relative to direct materials, supplier selection and supply quality ensuring leveraged and homogeneous best practices. Liaison between business groups to ensure effective business alignment with emphasis on total cost management. Execute business vision and strategy to its full implementation.
What You Will Do
• Define and execute commodity strategy for direct spends, establishing fiscal year planned costs for manufacturing material requirements
• Support all aspects of Strategic Sourcing, which includes analyzing the expenditure base, identifying cost reduction projects, performing market analysis, recommending short- and long-term sourcing strategies with defined risk/benefit analysis including insource/outsource decisions.
• Partner with suppliers to develop and implement new methods and procedures to reduce lead times and costs.
• Analyze and build supply chain cost models and re-engineer supply chain processes both externally and internally to improve quality, service levels and overall efficiency.
• Research and present “buy versus make” justification to operations management, working closely with business group executives to address and deliver in face of changing business needs
• Support sourcing efforts and provide expertise for new product development initiatives, sustaining engineering projects, and dual sourcing activities
• Ensure that the sourcing documentation and daily operation meets the guidelines and criteria established by STERIS’ legal counsel
• Coordinate activity with the appropriate STERIS departments and suppliers to comply with appropriate governmental and other certification agencies (i.e., ASME, FDA, ISO) as required
What You Will Do – cont’d
• Identify and evaluate critical positions within the procurement function and establish strategies to develop a strong talent pool
• In conjunction with the Planning Directors, will operate to limit the inventory obligation of STERIS but meet the flexibility of a Manufacturing and Service to satisfy the STERIS’ Customer requirement.
• Lead cross-functional dual-sourcing team comprised of Sourcing, Purchasing, Engineering, and Quality representatives to target critical, sole-sourced materials for dual sourcing initiatives to improve flexibility and reduce risk
• Use understanding of others to create advantages in negotiations; uses leverage to best long-term advantage
• Develop supplier rationalization strategy, cost analysis, commodity cost targeting and basic economic forecasting
• Work with suppliers and operations with identifying and implementing sustainability/green projects
• Support all necessary supplier audits including commercial, financial, and technical to ensure that STERIS maintains and continues to develop a robust and capable supply base
What Will Help You Be Successful
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in a chemical industry, chemical sourcing and purchasing, including 5 years of management experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in an international manufacturing environment in a technical field is a plus.
• Strong negotiation skills and experience structuring contracts.
• Proven experience in identifying, establishing, and cultivating long-term, strategic supplier relationships.
• Demonstrated knowledge/experience in advanced operational practices (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma).
• Knowledge/experience in MRP, JIT, SPC, EDI required.
• Very strong management skills and leadership capabilities.
• Should have ability to travel 20-25% annually.
What We Offer You
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Mentor OH, Strategic Sourcing jobs hiring, Supply Chain jobs in Mentor, Six Sigma careers, Mentor jobs in Strategic Sourcing sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Lean Six Sigma jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Director, Strategic Sourcing.