Join Steris as Technician I in Nashville Tennessee. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Service/Technical Services careers in Nashville TN.
Position : Technician I
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
Work location : Nashville, Tennessee
Job Segment : Sterile Processing, Maintenance, Inspector, Instrumentation, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Quality, Entry Level, Engineering
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our Healthcare Customers are federally mandated (by Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or CMS) requiring vendors to have the COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption. There are select Customers who do not accept any exceptions. Unvaccinated Associates may be excluded from working at a Customer site, require routine testing with an approved exemption (if accepted by the Customer) or have limited Customer access impacting their ability to remain employed. Additionally, we may be required to meet state mandates on COVID-19 vaccination, exemptions and/or booster requirements. This position is a Customer-facing role that falls under a state or CMS mandate.
*** $2,500 Sign-On Bonus ***
You do not have to have previous instrument repair experience to be considered.
This is an entry level job – we will train you!
Click this link to take a peek at the truck and the work you could be doing to help STERIS create a safer, healthier world!
What can STERIS offer you?
• Extensive hands-on training and development
• Career progression path with STERIS Instrument Management Services and growth opportunities in other parts of STERIS
• Competitive pay and monthly incentive opportunity
• Medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, tuition assistance, and paid vacation time and paid holidays
Why is the Repair Technician role crucial to our business and our Customers?
• When surgical instruments are sharpened and working properly, surgeons can focus on providing the best care for their patients. STERIS offers a variety of repair solutions to meet the needs of the Customer including onsite mobile repair services, in house repair lab services, or one of five national repair centers.
What you will do:
• Perform basic to intermediate inspection and repairs on surgical instrumentation using grinding wheels, buffing wheels, various hand and power tools, soldering, etc.
• You will work in the field on a mobile repair truck, inside a repair lab or inside a hospital, based on the needs of the Customer in the assigned territory. Must be able to sit/stand for an extended period of time.
• While primarily working inside a mobile repair truck, frequent trips into hospital are required. Weather conditions may vary.
• Support various locations within assigned territory that may vary depending on the service agreements, Customer needs, and staffing levels.
High School Diploma or GEDRequired Experience
• Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience*
• Prefer 1 year of surgical instrument experience or CRCST/ SPD Foundations training completion.
• Must be able to meet flexible schedules with early/late hours and occasional overnight/out of state travel, based on Customer and business needs.
• Must be able to pass a DOT medical/ physical exam and comply with all DOT regulations.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and maintain required vaccines.
• Must be at least 21 years old to meet the FMCSA age requirement for commercial interstate driving.
• This position may be elevated to a Repair Technician II or Repair Technician III role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by STERIS.
*What is relevant work experience?
• Hands-on repair, assembly, or product testing and use of small hand tools is a plus. Small engine repair, cell phone and electronics repair, testing, or re-builds, carpentry, circuit board assembly and repair, sterile processing, industrial sewing, and jewelry repair. Maintenance, construction, and automotive repair can also be relevant to this role.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Nashville
Job Tags : Steris careers in Nashville, Service/Technical Services jobs in Nashville TN, Sterile Processing jobs hiring, Maintenance jobs in Nashville, Inspector careers, Nashville jobs in Sterile Processing sector, Jobs nearby in Nashville Tennessee, Steris hiring nearby me in Nashville TN, Instrumentation jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Nashville engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Nashville as Technician I.