Join Steris as CNC Machine Set Up A – ($3000 Sign on Bonus!) in West Chicago Illinois. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in West Chicago IL.
Position : CNC Machine Set Up A – ($3000 Sign on Bonus!)
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : West Chicago, Illinois
Job Segment : CNC, Machinist, Plant, Plant Manager, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our dental segment, HuFriedyGroup, enables dental professionals to reduce risk, improve efficiencies, drive compliance, and enhance patient and staff safety. At HuFriedyGroup, we are committed to helping dental professionals perfect their craft and deliver the highest level of care to each patient.
Machine Setup Level – A can setup and process complex parts from start to finish on CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines. They also will help maintain daily production through tool changes, changeovers, and daily maintenance. Mentor and train setup level B and machine operators. Must be able to read and create setup information and do program editing, if necessary (Re-boring jaws, aligning fixtures, setting taper, replace broken tools, etc.) Can read and fully understand a blueprint, and can come up with methodology to process a part from start to finish. Must have full knowledge of a CNC control panel.
* Practice safety standards as identified by the Company Handbook, orientation, and verbal instruction from supervisory staff. This includes safety glasses, proper shoes, lifting techniques, and safe chip handling.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area, this includes, but is not limited to, toolboxes, tools, machines, gages, and gage tables. This includes wiping down tools in the tool box and keeping the tool box in an organized manner in which to reduce time to find tools needed to set up machines.
• Can capture setup and tool change time through logging in and out of jobs through data collection terminals.
• Report to Production Manager the cycle time and production rate of all jobs attended to.
• Can read and understand a complex blueprint/geometric tolerance interpretation.
• Change stick tools including knurls.
• Change reamers, drills, and boring bars. Live and static.
• Understand and demonstrate tool selection via vending machine and tool crib.
• Can explain and identify different nose radius tools to ensure correct inserts are being used.
• Can read and follow setup instructions, tool layout sheet, machine setup checklist, and other setup related documents
• Knowledge of tool holders both live and static, cutting tools, and inserts.
• Full knowledge of CNC control panel and safety features available on the control, single block, optional stop, distance to go, etc…
• Can perform daily maintenance as required per department, boring jaws, aligning fixtures or vises, cleaning collets or guide bushings.
• Can do minor program edits with supervision, changing tool locations, or speed and feed as directed by engineering.
• Can changeover machine to run product in the same family, “turnings”, “cones” etc…
• Can set up repeat jobs.
• Complete 100% of the dimensions on a 1st article submission
• Conduct visual inspection on the part to ensure fillets, breaks, part finishes, blends, and workmanship are at a Chips MFG standard.
• Can train operators on running production and checking piece part quality.
• Take ownership of the job and check in on the status of a job, to ensure smooth production.
• Clearly communicate production status to Plant Manager, Production Supervisor, or Engineering Manager.
• Other duties may be assigned
$3,000 Sign on Bonus!
Healthcare, Vision, Dental, Quarterly Bonuses, 401K Match, PTO, Company Holidays
High School Diploma or GEDRequired Experience
5 years’ experience in doing setups and operating CNC machines for precision parts.
Read and understand G-Code programming.
Possess the ability to read a limited number of two and three-syllable words, as well as recognizing similarities and differences between words and series of numbers. Must have the ability to print and speak simple sentences in English.
Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the applications of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, micrometers, height gages, plug and attribute gages.
Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Employee must have the skills to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Tags : Steris careers in West Chicago, Manufacturing Operations jobs in West Chicago IL, CNC jobs hiring, Machinist jobs in West Chicago, Plant careers, West Chicago jobs in CNC sector, Jobs nearby in West Chicago Illinois, Steris hiring nearby me in West Chicago IL, Plant Manager jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for West Chicago engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in West Chicago as CNC Machine Set Up A – ($3000 Sign on Bonus!).