Join Steris as 2nd Shift Supervisor, Manufacturing in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Mentor OH.
Position : 2nd Shift Supervisor, Manufacturing
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Employee Relations, Medical Device, Inspector, Manager, Healthcare, Human Resources, Quality, Manufacturing, Management
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Supervisor, Manufacturing is responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising daily production activities, and ensuring that products are delivered in accordance with Customer requirements, while complying with applicable company, quality, and regulatory standards. The supervisor will train and coach production employees in creating and sustaining a lean culture aligned with the company’s Vision, Mission and Values. By utilizing key leadership principles of respect, humility, and leading by example, the supervisor will create a positive work environment by engaging employees in the continuous improvement of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost initiatives. This is a second shift position, 2:30pm -10:30pm Mon-Fri. Should have ability to flex schedule based on business needs.
What You Will Do
• Ensures attainment of daily/weekly of production plan by ensuring communication between the cells / shifts, sharing best practices, prioritizing countermeasures among production cells and ensuring proper job performance of all team members.
• Drive attainment of and improvements in safety, quality, delivery, and cost (SQDC) performance.
• Meets Customer needs through creative solutions. Responds with a sense of urgency and aligns activities, focusing on the needs and requirements of the Customer.
• Leads with proper adherence to quality system procedures, Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Ensures immediate response to abnormalities through identifying, documenting, and segregating nonconforming material.
• Monitors process flow; identifies solutions for flow interrupters and ensures immediate response to abnormalities and/or and on signals while exhibiting a detailed understanding of processes and equipment.
• Monitors operational status on all equipment/tools including calibration and certification, escalates as needed.
• Facilitates a safety culture, performs safety audits to ensure proper use and condition of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), machines, and safe guards, trains individuals on safety procedures and expectations, leads investigations of near misses / incidents and facilitates the implementation of safety and ergonomics improvements.
• Learns and teaches others on the basic lean principles and tools.
• Teaches, coaches and leads problem solving methodologies and tools to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost (SQDC) performance.
What You Will Do – cont’d
Provides daily coaching of Team Leaders and Operators on job duties and explanations of the “why” behind Lean principles and tools.
Executes, audits, and drives continuous improvement of 5S in department according to STERIS standards.
Champions idea generation system across department through providing support to team members in generating and implementing ideas. Ensures idea generation board is updated and best ideas implemented are presented weekly to facility management.
Challenges current state, seeking opportunities to make incremental improvements daily and identifying solutions to remove waste from production activities.
Drives optimum employee performance, talent and talent development. Provides growth, training, and development opportunities to employees. Drives results through effective coaching, and counseling of staff and setting meaningful and measurable goals.
Evaluates performance and escalates needs through proper managing and coaching of team members in relation to SQDC board meetings and daily standard reports (daily production, material requirements, etc).
Screens and selects qualified individuals for positions, conducts performance reviews, determines salary adjustments, work schedules, promotions, training, and effectively addresses employee relations situations and manages conflict.
Covers Team Leader absences to maintain flow and efficiency of work area.
What Will Help You Be Successful
• Minimum two (2) years or more of manufacturing operations experience with an Associate’s degree, preferred.
• Eight (8) years’ experience or more in manufacturing operations without a degree.
• Two (2) years or more of supervisory experience.
• Experience with a medical device or regulated environment a plus.
What We Offer You
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Mentor OH, Employee Relations jobs hiring, Medical Device jobs in Mentor, Inspector careers, Mentor jobs in Employee Relations sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Manager jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as 2nd Shift Supervisor, Manufacturing.