Join Steris as Environmental Monitoring Technician I in Cincinnati Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Service/Technical Services careers in Cincinnati OH.
Position : Environmental Monitoring Technician I
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
Work location : Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Segment : Microbiology, Scientific, Pharmaceutical, Medicaid, Medicare, Science, Engineering, Healthcare
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our Healthcare Customers are federally mandated (by Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or CMS) requiring vendors to have the COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption. There are select Customers who do not accept any exceptions. Unvaccinated Associates may be excluded from working at a Customer site, require routine testing with an approved exemption (if accepted by the Customer) or have limited Customer access impacting their ability to remain employed. Additionally, we may be required to meet state mandates on COVID-19 vaccination, exemptions and/or booster requirements. This position is a Customer-facing role that falls under a state or CMS mandate.
Conduct Environmental Monitoring services which include viable and non-viable sampling at Customer sites. Provide superior Customer service by proactively communicating with Customers on a regular basis. Utilize technology to complete administrative requirements. Promote STERIS growth through identifying and recommending products and services to Customers.
1. Perform EM sampling for assigned Controlled Environment Certification Services (CECS) territory (90%)
– Collect viable and/or non-viable samples on a small to medium scale by traveling to Customer sites.
– Assist EM Specialist with sample collection of large scale projects.
– Daily travel required to both local and non-local Customer sites in a company-monitored vehicle including but not limited to laboratories, pharmaceutical production facilities, hazardous and non-hazardous drug compounding cleanroom facilities, and animal research centers. Travel may require overnight, weekend, and extended out of town stays.
– Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with Customers, contractors, management, and peers.
– Follow Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health and Safety protocols.
– Prepare relevant documentation (i.e. Chain of Custody or sample plans) and promptly send collected samples to the appropriate lab for analysis.
– This position requires weekend availability and overnight travel that may be requested with short notice and the potential for significant overtime hours. This includes, but is not limited to first, second, and third shift availability.
2. Support Certification Technicians and/or EM Specialist (10%)
– Organize EM supplies (IPA, Wipes, EM Crates & Samplers) available for technicians.
– Perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion. This includes, but is not limited to: proactive schedule review at the beginning of each week; communication of scheduling needs and time-off requests; computer synchronization daily; completion of service reports and activities on-site; and maintaining testing equipment inventory to prescribed levels as required.
Previous Customer service experience required
Work history in a fast-paced team environment
Industry or other relevant experience is preferred
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biology, or related scientific field is preferred.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Tags : Steris careers in Cincinnati, Service/Technical Services jobs in Cincinnati OH, Microbiology jobs hiring, Scientific jobs in Cincinnati, Pharmaceutical careers, Cincinnati jobs in Microbiology sector, Jobs nearby in Cincinnati Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Cincinnati OH, Medicaid jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Cincinnati engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Cincinnati as Environmental Monitoring Technician I.