Join Steris as Laboratory Technologist – 12 month Contract in Tullamore . At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Processing Operations careers in Tullamore OY.
Position : Laboratory Technologist – 12 month Contract
Job Category: Processing Operations
Work location : Tullamore,
Job Segment : Laboratory, HVAC, Scientific, Warehouse, Science, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Laboratory Technologist is responsible for performing microbiological processes and techniques to support the testing and analysis of Customer samples. They will be multiskilled in a variety of Laboratory test areas and operate a range of different equipment and machinery. The Technologist is responsible for abiding to defined quality procedures, ensuring all test records are accurately completed and for supporting efficient and on time service delivery to the STERIS Customer base.
1. Perform standard microbiological procedures and techniques, including, but not limited to use of aseptic technique, microbiological identifications, culture preparation, LAL endotoxin testing, bioburden testing, environmental monitoring, biological indicator testing, product inoculations and sterility testing.
2. Independently operate laboratory equipment and machinery, including, but not limited to autoclaves, balances, heating mantles, gas chromatographs, incubators, laminar air flows, cleanrooms, pH meters, filtration apparatus, temperature monitoring systems, pipettes, thermometers, kinetic and gel clot equipment and MALDI-ToF.
3. Perform in a variety of Laboratory testing areas; providing technical information to other departments and outside parties as required, assisting the microbiologists in research and method development as required.
4. Providing support to accomplishing new and different requests, projects and exploring opportunities to add value to the Laboratory; this includes providing support to ongoing continuous improvement efforts and Lean activities to enhance Laboratory service and reputation.
5. Support the training of new starters both Assistants and Technologists in learning the theory and how to perform the various tests and techniques undertaken within the Laboratory; for those test areas where you are deemed fully competent.
Duties – cont’d
6. To actively pursue the site monthly on-time-delivery and right-first-time targets, influencing through action and by adhering to Customer lead times within the test area you are assigned to, which also includes assisting colleagues in achieving their own objectives.
7. To alert a member of the senior laboratory management team to any process, job related problems or discrepancies.
8. Where non-conformances or customer complaints occur; support the Laboratory Management Team in undertaking full investigations and providing articulate responses to issues via Trackwise, also taking ownership for associated corrective actions.
9. Take responsibility for the test areas in which you are assigned by recording and monitoring consumable stocks to ensure adequate stocks of supplies are maintained at all times. Additionally, ensure that warehouse and laboratory space is utilised to maximum efficiency.
10. Ensure all paperwork submitted for approval including test results, daily logs and equipment record books are accurately maintained for your respective test area, with all necessary activity documented.
Bachelor’s degree in a Science related discipline i.e., Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry.
A minimum of 2 years’ previous work experience.
Knowledge of General Microbiology techniques
Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills including cooperation and teamwork
Meticulous attention to detail
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Organisational and time management skills
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Tags : Steris careers in Tullamore, Processing Operations jobs in Tullamore OY, Laboratory jobs hiring, HVAC jobs in Tullamore, Scientific careers, Tullamore jobs in Laboratory sector, Jobs nearby in Tullamore , Steris hiring nearby me in Tullamore OY, Warehouse jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Tullamore engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Tullamore as Laboratory Technologist – 12 month Contract.