Join Steris as Manager, Maintenance in South Plainfield New Jersey. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Maintenance careers in South Plainfield NJ.
Position : Manager, Maintenance
Job Category: Maintenance
Work location : South Plainfield, New Jersey
Job Segment : Facilities, Hydraulics, Inspector, Electrical, Welding, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
At STERIS the Maintenance Manager I is responsible for implementing and maintaining a successful maintenance program that includes maintenance, repair and improvement of facility equipment, machinery, buildings and safety systems (hereinafter referred to as Equipment). This shall include the responsibility of keeping the department’s CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) updated and current. This position may also assist in the planning of cobalt and/or EtO requirements, and maintaining the facility’s regulatory documentation and requirements. This position shall provide reports on the Equipment status and performance as requested.
What You Will Do
• Promotes a team environment based on Safety, Quality and Productivity to meet the established goals set forth by the company.
• Recommends and participates in the planning and implementation of capital improvement projects.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions. Negotiates for the best terms possible with suppliers.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of, and makes necessary adjustments to, regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on Equipment.
• Plans and implements Equipment and/or safety related continuous improvement projects.
• Analyzes unplanned downtime, develops corrective actions and establishes a proactive plan using the department’s CMMS to reduce or eliminate future occurrences.
• Plans and coordinates resources for any unplanned repairs of the Equipment.
• Enforces and promotes the Preventive Maintenance Program developed for his/her facility, and reviews effectiveness annually.
• Ensures all paperwork for planned and unplanned Equipment maintenance is completed properly and entered into the department’s CMMS.
• Enforces safety practices such as Lockout/Tagout and proper use of PPE by him/herself and by all technicians in the department.
What You Will Do – cont’d
• Ensures that all federal, state and local regulations are adhered to and maintains the facility such that it may be inspected by any regulatory agency at any time.
• Must be proficient in the requirements of the Senior Maintenance Technician, Project Technician and Maintenance Technician positions and shall be required to provide training to the technicians in these roles.
• Selects, orients, trains and evaluates new maintenance staff. Writes and conducts performance evaluations of existing staff and communicates opportunities for growth.
• Protects company confidential information by properly storing, retrieving and disseminating such information only to those authorized.
• Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
• Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties as assigned.
What Will Help You Be Successful
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will accept minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in an industrial maintenance environment including a working knowledge of pneumatics, welding, mechanics, hydraulics, electrical, PLCs and electronic applications.
• Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory or management experience.
• Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
• Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
• Requires computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
• Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior management experience.
• Above average organizing and analyzing skills and Level 2 math skills (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages) to determine organizational, Customer and regulatory problems and formulate corrective action plans; attention to detail.
• Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
• Able to influence people in opinions, attitude or judgments; to generalize, evaluate and make decisions in stressful situations.
• Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
• Ability to supervise outside contractors.
• Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
What We Offer You
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS wouldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, paid time off and paid holidays, 401K with a company match.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Tags : Steris careers in South Plainfield, Maintenance jobs in South Plainfield NJ, Facilities jobs hiring, Hydraulics jobs in South Plainfield, Inspector careers, South Plainfield jobs in Facilities sector, Jobs nearby in South Plainfield New Jersey, Steris hiring nearby me in South Plainfield NJ, Electrical jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for South Plainfield engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in South Plainfield as Manager, Maintenance.