Join Steris as Certification Technician I in Needham Massachusetts. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Service/Technical Services careers in Needham MA.
Position : Certification Technician I
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
Work location : Needham, Massachusetts
Job Segment : Chemical Research, Testing, Inspector, Medicaid, Medicare, Engineering, Technology, Healthcare, Quality
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our Healthcare Customers are federally mandated (by Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or CMS) requiring vendors to have the COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption. There are select Customers who do not accept any exceptions. Unvaccinated Associates may be excluded from working at a Customer site, require routine testing with an approved exemption (if accepted by the Customer) or have limited Customer access impacting their ability to remain employed. Additionally, we may be required to meet state mandates on COVID-19 vaccination, exemptions and/or booster requirements. This position is a Customer-facing role that falls under a state or CMS mandate.
As a Certification Technician with us, you will build your capabilities to work in the field independently, and will be testing cleanrooms and devices within cleanroom and lab settings across a wide variety of HEPA-filtered devices such as biological safety cabinets and chemical fume hoods at Customer sites. Responsibilities include effectively communicating testing and regulatory results while ensuring Customer satisfaction with these complex services. A person in this role typically progresses to a higher level Certification Technician within six to twelve months and upon illustrating the ability to apply their classroom based training, field training, and technical training to effectively deliver these services at our customer sites.
***This position requires overnight travel, up to 80% of the time, primarily driving ***
What we offer
$21/hr. + overtime opportunity
Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
Company van for work use you can take home & fuel card
Uniforms and all necessary tools provided
Company provided credit card, iPhone & laptop
Business travel and all related meals/expenses
Medical, vision, prescription, dental and life insurance
401(k) with a company match
Paid time off that accrues from day one and paid holidays
Extensive service training and coaching program
Opportunities for advancement
High School Diploma or GED
What you will do
• Performs routine certification and repairs of devices that contain HEPA filters and cleanrooms at Customer sites. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, and adjusting/calibrating by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment.
• May perform specialty work such as ASHRAE 110 fume hood testing, National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) accredited certifications, VHP® room decontamination, Environmental Monitoring (EM), or compressed air testing.
• Utilizes computer technology to record and upload testing data preferably while at the Customer site.
• Follows Customer protocols at facilities and abides by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety procedures.
• Ensures Customer satisfaction through proactive communication.
• Communicates regularly with lead technicians, dispatch, and management regarding any changes to the expected schedule and outcomes of service visits at Customer sites.
• Maintains and is responsible for personal tool and testing equipment inventory.
• Identifies potential business growth opportunities and communicates leads to management and sales.
What you will need
• High School Diploma/GED
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Technical troubleshooting skills along with strong organization and problem-solving skills.
• Energetic with a desire to learn and develop new skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends, and travel extensively as required
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and in team environments
• Safety mindset
• Proficiency with computers and Windows software
• Good driving record and valid Driver’s license
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Tags : Steris careers in Needham, Service/Technical Services jobs in Needham MA, Chemical Research jobs hiring, Testing jobs in Needham, Inspector careers, Needham jobs in Chemical Research sector, Jobs nearby in Needham Massachusetts, Steris hiring nearby me in Needham MA, Medicaid jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Needham engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Needham as Certification Technician I.