Join Steris as Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Information Technology careers in Mentor OH.
Position : Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Job Category: Information Technology
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Analytics, Business Intelligence, Project Manager, Computer Science, Data Warehouse, Management, Technology
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Join the growing, global IT Team within STERIS with the opportunity to drive the Business Intelligence Strategy across the entire STERIS organization. The Director, Business Intelligence is a member of the Information Technology global leadership team.
You will be responsible for the vision, leadership, and strategic direction of the Business Intelligence technology strategy for the enterprise. You will craft a compelling vision and translate that vision into a well-developed strategy. The Director’s role is to unlock the value in data to drive transformation to benefit businesses and their customers. You will be responsible for leadership and support of enterprise-wide Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics applications, and Architecture that leverage Data Integration, Data Engineering, Data Lakes, Data Warehouses/Marts and relevant Big Data assets. You will also harmonize federated BI strategies into a single corporate strategy.
As the Director, BI you will provide leadership capabilities and experience in implementing and delivering effective Data and Analytics solutions using on-prem and cloud applications. You will assess, manage, and optimize the design and delivery of data and analytics applications, while coaching stakeholders on the pros and cons of different types of analytics, data modeling, and provide mentorship on extrapolating and examining insights from large data sets. You will also provide thought leadership to partners and stakeholders in determining which solutions will enable the enterprise to achieve defined business goals, with an ability to influence the organization and partners.
*This role requires several days a week in the office in alignment with a hybrid work model.
• Establish best practices and standards for data management, data integration, data warehousing, business intelligence, analytics and data governance.
• Oversee the analytics function, including data analytics and data science and sets strategic priorities for the function and identifies new business opportunities based on data.
• Ability to put together different tiers for a cloud-based configuration.
• Proactively and regularly provide guidance on where and how analytics can generate business impact/value.
• Identify Challenges across business and find solutions with using data and analytics.
• Communicate with non-technical users about the impact of complex analysis on key performance indicators (KPIs) of the business.
• Drive initiatives for data accuracy, usability, availability, and efficiency for BI and analytics applications
• Work with enterprise-wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and analytics requirements.
• Guide performance optimization of enterprise data and analytics tools and applications.
• Lean and manage Analytics Center of Excellence and unify federated business intelligence development under one centrally managed group.
• Understand and enhance the existing Data Literacy curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of business intelligence tool to enhance business decision making capability.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical Degree. Advanced Degree highly preferred.
• 10 years of related experience in Business Analytics, Business Intelligence and Data Management
• Must be hands-on with technical applications, as well as management to lead projects through full life cycle.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with Snowflake is required
• Experience with BI related tools including Tableau and Cognos
• Experience with Master Data Management is a plus
• Must have experience with migrating on-premises data and analytics assets such as Data Warehouses, BI tools, etc. to cloud
• Project Management experience with agile project management methodologies.
• Extensive expertise in data and analytics for a mid-large size company.
• Extensive expertise in data science, Data Engineering, data modeling, both logical and physical.
• Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflake, denormalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
• Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
• A solid understanding of key data and analytics trends.
• Experience in vendor management, RFPs and budget management.
• Experience interacting with C-level executives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Experience managing large [global] complex BI projects and teams.
• Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Information Technology jobs in Mentor OH, Analytics jobs hiring, Business Intelligence jobs in Mentor, Project Manager careers, Mentor jobs in Analytics sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Computer Science jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics.