Join Steris as CNC Machinist I in Birmingham Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in Birmingham AL.
Position : CNC Machinist I
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : Birmingham, Alabama
Job Segment : CNC, Data Entry, Machinist, Inspector, Industrial, Manufacturing, Administrative, Quality
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Operates both manual and CNC equipment and performs set up of equipment under supervision for the efficient production of quality components. Responsible for the production of high-tolerance precision parts. Responsible for the set up, run, debur, inspection, and delivery of parts and tools that meet engineering and Customer requirements
Basic ability to interpret technical prints.
Basic ability to read and interpret G&M codes
Setup, operate and adjust machining equipment for basic complexity part production with supervision.
Monitors quality of parts produced utilizing basic metrology devices to ensure Customer requirements are met.
Abides by all Company safety and health policies and procedures.
Must use personal protective equipment if required.
Aware of and conforms to company ISO goals and objectives and supports company ISO requirements.
Aware of and actively participates in company’s Lean philosophy of continuous improvement.
Ensures measuring devices used to check product quality are calibrated prior to use.
Maintains in-process product identification.
• 3+ years CNC Machining experience acceptable in lieu of degree
• Basic understanding of CNC G&M codes
• Basic understanding of technical drawings
• Knowledge of MS office applications including Word, Excel
• Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
• Good hand/eye coordination (manual dexterity)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter in a field-based environment
• Displays positive attitude and confidence
• Participating in a Team – Participates in a team to some level/degree, works mostly as an individual contributor
• Driving Results – Is aware of his/her developing progress toward Personal Productivity
• Managing Work – Uses time effectively and allocates time to complete own work. Stays Focused – prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with own work completion; follows up promptly on
• Willing to work overtime and hours outside normal business hours as needed, based on Customer needs.
• Communication – Communicates requests for information, appropriately to team leader. Is receptive to ideas or suggestions from others
CNC Machining operation
Data entry system experience
Reading and interpreting technical drawings
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Tags : Steris careers in Birmingham, Manufacturing Operations jobs in Birmingham AL, CNC jobs hiring, Data Entry jobs in Birmingham, Machinist careers, Birmingham jobs in CNC sector, Jobs nearby in Birmingham Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in Birmingham AL, Inspector jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Birmingham engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Birmingham as CNC Machinist I.