Join Steris as Manager, Mechanical Engineering in Mentor Ohio. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Engineering careers in Mentor OH.
Position : Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Work location : Mentor, Ohio
Job Segment : Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Medical Device, Infection Control, Engineering, Healthcare
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
As the Manager, Engineering you will join a fast-paced Infection Prevention Technologies R&D team developing new Sterilizers. You will be responsible for managing the mechanical engineering department to deliver reliable, timely, cost-effective, high performance, scalable solutions. You will also drive processes, technology roadmaps, and providing strategic direction for the mechanical engineering team. The Manager is responsible for the people management, process development, functional competency development, and overall execution control of all mechanical engineering activities. You must adhere to systems and controls to ensure compliance with quality standards. You will also work with Program and Product Managers in supporting new product development and sustaining engineering.
In this role you must be familiar with a wide variety of the design concepts, practices, and procedures and relies on experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
You will own success of the team – people, process, platforms
• Acts as the primary leader for the mechanical engineering department for Steam Sterilization R&D. Drives delivery to multi-generational technology road map for the mechanical department, in collaboration with business / product road maps and peer functions. Effectively uses the company resources by incorporating new technological advances in the state-of-the-art and by employing improved design technology in executing project assignments.
• Guides program interfaces in the mechanical team to prepare plans, estimates for new systems and other related activities. Delivers critical, timely communications to the program leadership on product development and delivery. Identifies critical dependencies, risks and contingency plans. Proactively monitors progress, anticipating the effect of dependencies on schedule, cost, etc.
• Identifies and implements continuous improvements for the mechanical department on multiple axes (Products, Technologies, Processes, Tools, Methods, and Functional Competencies). Assess and develop associate training and education plans
• Drives culture of High-Performance teams in the department through strategic initiatives (functional competencies, performance management, talent management, process improvements).
• Must ensure that employees have a safe working environment, report all injuries, hazards or potential hazards, follow appropriate work practices, use appropriate personal protective equipment when required, and follow established security procedures. Also responsible for ensuring that employees under their supervision receive the necessary training on all applicable safety and security work practices and procedures
• Demonstrate a commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance with all Quality Systems requirements. Fully adhere to all applicable FDA regulations, international guidelines and company policies at all times. Establish and promote a work environment amongst co-workers and direct reports that supports compliance with the Quality System and company policy
• Responsible for managing the team budget, and operating plans
• Manages interactions with vendors, suppliers, and consultants to assure engineering programs comply with designs and specifications. Supports established relationships with key third party engineering service firms, and professional organizations to promote inorganic development.
• Participate in the evaluation of technology opportunities which can result in new business models, products or technological advantage. Provides technical support to other company and corporate groups as required in assigned areas of responsibility. Complete diligence on potential product transfers or development requirements for products or concepts transferred from other potential sources
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering required
• 9+ years experience in R&D environment
• At least three years of experience managing mechanical engineers.
• Experience with development lifecycle and stage gate development methods
• Minimum 7 Years Electro-Mechanical Capital Equipment Experience (Defense, Aerospace, Medical Devices, Aviation, Appliances)
• Masters in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience in LEAN Methodologies
• Direct experience in pressure vessel design and development (ASME, CRN, PED)
• Experience in Mechanical Analysis and Design Packages (ANSYS, CREO)
• Experience in functional management of a mechanical engineering group who are engaged in product development on projects from initial concept, through development and verification / validation testing, and into Manufacturing. Ability to balance multiple programs and platform technologies to provide optimum service to the business
• Demonstrated proficiency in driving continuous improvement for performance, quality, time and cost; strong planning and organization skills required
• Ability to work in a highly regulated environment
• Ability to lead and collaborate within a team-based matrixed organization at the management level in all business functions, levels and cultures.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound data driven business decisions; Understand, track, drill down and question activities and issues in all functional area. Strong attention to detail, follow-through skills
• Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills and have a demonstrated ability to lead global, technical teams. Demonstrated leadership skills including conflict resolution, assertiveness and negotiation skills required.
• Must have excellent oral communication skills and be able to interact with Customers / sales / service / manufacturing / regulatory / vendors and other cross functional groups
• Must have excellent written communication skills – reports, presentations.
• Executes multiple projects with complicated interdependencies simultaneously. Partners with the program manager to lead core team reviews. Ensures the New Product Development (NPD) / Design Controls / Lifecycle management (LCM) processes are followed to assure all planned business / Customer requirements area satisfied.
• Directs the work of R&D Engineers, Designers and Technicians assigned to their team. Facilitates communication and interaction among core team members to ensure transparency of critical deliverables and milestones in the NPD / LCM process. Develops the cross-functional plan / strategy and drives execution of established plans.
• Mentors and coaches Engineers in product development, communication and collaboration with internal and external team
Travel up to 10%-25%
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Tags : Steris careers in Mentor, Engineering jobs in Mentor OH, Engineering Manager jobs hiring, Mechanical Engineer jobs in Mentor, Aerospace Engineering careers, Mentor jobs in Engineering Manager sector, Jobs nearby in Mentor Ohio, Steris hiring nearby me in Mentor OH, Medical Device jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Mentor engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Mentor as Manager, Mechanical Engineering.