Join Steris as Shipping Coordinator in montgomery Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Manufacturing Operations careers in montgomery AL.
Position : Shipping Coordinator
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Work location : montgomery, Alabama
Job Segment : Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse, Oracle, Database, Mid-Range, Operations, Manufacturing, Technology
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for the daily organization and preparation of documentation as it relates to shipping activities. This includes the distribution and filing of all shipping documentation, creation and verification of serial tags, processing of inventory transactions, releasing and processing of sales orders, coordination and scheduling of freight lines, preparation of freight bills and export documentation. The Shipping Coordinator is also responsible for analyzing and reviewing shipping related reports and communication with all levels of the organization both external and internal customers. In addition this individual is responsible for the initiation and maintenance of standard work and other departmental procedures in order to achieve STERIS’ overall Quality, Cost, and Delivery objectives. This is accomplished through the use of Lean Tools in order to identify problems, recommend solutions and drive implementation through the use of continuous improvement activities.
1. Identify, participate and implement continuous improvement activities to impact overall purchasing areas quality, cost, and delivery initiatives.
2. Maintains standard work documentation and other AMI procedures to ensure compliance.
3. Participate in the identification and implementation of root cause and corrective action ideas.
4. Prints, Sorts, distribute Sales Orders and other shipping documentation to appropriate personnel.
5. File shipping documentations as required daily.
6. Issuing, typing, and logging of serial numbers and tags. This includes printing the daily log, making changes due to Customer returns or conversions, and verification of correct shipments of serialized capital equipment.
7. Completion of proper inventory transaction of all finished goods from AS400 to Oracle for sales order allocation. This procedure also includes the processing of orders for invoicing on both the AS400 and Oracle systems.
8. Preparation of freight bills, packing lists, NAFTA, Certificates of Origin, and all other documentation required in the shipment of both domestic and international orders.
9. Management of Sales Order backlog report and the ability to effectively communicate with Customer Service Representatives regarding sales order related concerns on current and future shipments as well as management of expedite requests.
10. Responsible for creating, measuring, reporting, and disseminating shipping performance data to support SQCD measurements.
11. Performs similar and related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
12. The above statements reflect the general details of the job and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all duties inherent in the job.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years College Education preferred.
2. Previous Shipping and/or clerical experience a plus.
3. Prior Forklift Experience preferred. CDL license a plus.
4. Must be thoroughly familiar with materials, tools, and methods of the processes in a manufacturing environment.
5. Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications such as EXCEL, Microsoft WORD, Office. Direct hands on experience in an MRP systems environment preferred.
6. Key competencies include sound business judgment and decision making. Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
7. Ability to work in a team environment. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team environment; establishes and maintains constructive working relationships; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
8. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
9. Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
10. Adapts to changes in work environment; ability to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
11. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments to reach goals; completes tasks on time.
12. Volunteers readily; seek increased responsibility; asks for and offers help when needed.
13. Prior Materials Management experienced preferred.
14. Ability to read and comprehend instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
15. Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
16. Ability to prioritize and schedule tasks to ensure timely completion of job responsibilities.
17. Requires effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with all employees at all levels of management.
18. Self starter, someone who is proactive and who can lead by example.
19. Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and help drive change.
20. Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience preferred.
21. Willingness to work overtime if required.
22. Ability to read and interpret manufacturing blueprints and specifications preferred.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Tags : Steris careers in montgomery, Manufacturing Operations jobs in montgomery AL, Shipping and Receiving jobs hiring, Warehouse jobs in montgomery, Oracle careers, montgomery jobs in Shipping and Receiving sector, Jobs nearby in montgomery Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in montgomery AL, Database jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for montgomery engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in montgomery as Shipping Coordinator.