Join Steris as Systems Analyst II in Birmingham Alabama. At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Information Technology careers in Birmingham AL.
Position : Systems Analyst II
Job Category: Information Technology
Work location : Birmingham, Alabama
Job Segment : Testing, Systems Analyst, QA, Quality Assurance, Technical Writer, Technology, Quality
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
STERIS continues its steady growth providing essential products and services to the healthcare and life science industries throughout the world. Join the Information Technology team that develops software to support this ongoing growth. The Systems Analyst II will work with users, developers, and other IT Staff to support many areas of the Software Development Lifecycle including requirements gathering, business process documentation, system functional design, system technical design, quality assurance, support, and implementation. The Systems Analyst II role requires working knowledge in agile methodologies, system design methodologies, technical writing, enterprise software products, web applications, desktop applications and database systems. This role will take the lead on a few projects with minimal complexity and will assist with multiple projects of greater complexity.
• Leads Requirements Gathering sessions to formulate and define objectives using various research and fact-finding techniques, such as story mapping, prototyping, questionnaires, surveys, interviews, sampling, observation, working sessions, and walkthroughs.
• Assists in developing and maintaining a prioritized backlog of business needs in the form of User Stories.
• Translates User Stories into workflow and procedural changes and specifications for system modifications.
• Prepares functional, system and technical program specifications and requirements using a structured approach.
• Ensures requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, traceable, unambiguous and verifiable and that they conform to defined standards.
• Clearly communicates business needs to development teams in an organized and timely manner using the principles of lean agile software development.
• Develops and maintains system and business process documentation.
• Works with software developers to help them understand requirements and to ensure the completeness and accuracy of related documents and specifications.
• Provides end-user notification and training for new or changed system functionality either in person, through documentation, or through web-based training.
• Works within an agile framework to facilitate development teams consistently delivering business value in an environment with rapidly growing business needs.
• Applies business and technology expertise to improve business processes and support critical system strategies.
• Maintains a development team backlog by writing User Stories and facilitating User Story refining sessions.
• Designs solutions to business needs
• Clearly and concisely communicates business needs and proposed solutions to development teams through a combination of methods (verbal, written, and visual) appropriate to the need.
• Develops and maintains system and business process documentation.
• Participates in Quality Assurance cycles and executes testing to ensure applications satisfy end user requirements using a standard process and testing methodology.
• Actively participates in reviews of specifications, requirements, etc. to develop, document and implement repeatable test plans.
• Works with end users and developers to proactively diagnose problems through research, analysis, and understanding of requirements.
• Participates in technical design reviews to help identify issues early in the development lifecycle
• Utilizes basic SQL skills to run database queries to gain an understanding of system behavior and usage
• Works closely with the Manager, IT Delivery Solutions to assist in management and planning of IT projects
• Works closely with other IT teams to plan work effectively
• Works within IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance to regulatory controls including but not limited to SOX.
• Aides in the IT general controls processes related to auditing, monitoring, approvals and validation.
• Diagnoses and manages software defects and system anomalies to a successful resolution.
• Consults with end-users concerning corrective actions as needed
• Bachelors Degree with 4+ years experience in a Systems Analyst role. In lieu of degree must have 12+ years of experience as a Systems Analyst.
• At least 4 years of experience in an agile Software Development Lifecycle (12+ years w/o degree)
• At least 4 years of experience capturing business needs in User Stories (12+ years w/o degree)
• At least 4 years of experience creating functional designs (12+ years w/o degree)
• At least 2 year of experience writing SQL to query data (10+ years w/o degree)
• At least 2 year of experience facilitating meetings (10+ years w/o degree)
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Tags : Steris careers in Birmingham, Information Technology jobs in Birmingham AL, Testing jobs hiring, Systems Analyst jobs in Birmingham, QA careers, Birmingham jobs in Testing sector, Jobs nearby in Birmingham Alabama, Steris hiring nearby me in Birmingham AL, Quality Assurance jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Birmingham engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Birmingham as Systems Analyst II.