Join Steris as Desktop Technician in Basingstoke . At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Information Technology careers in Basingstoke HAM.
Position : Desktop Technician
Job Category: Information Technology
Work location : Basingstoke,
Job Segment : Service Desk, Technical Support, Project Manager, Network, Customer Service, Technology
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Desktop Technician is skilled in all areas of the front-line IT customer support and skilled in all areas of desktop computing platforms.
Performs administration activities including creating, and supporting network accounts, computer accounts, application accounts, email accounts, and group memberships. Configures and deploys desktop hardware and software, network printers, and mobile devices. Maintains inventories and purchases desktop hardware and software. Documents and modifies computing processes and standard operating procedures.
Provides technical support to the Service Desk Analysts and provides over flow phone support to Service Desk Analysts when needed. Provides desk side computer support at the local facility. Provides remote computer support to USA and Global facility and home based users. Performs wireless device support. Monitors and responds to issues and problems assigned in a ticketing system. Relocates desktop hardware in facilities. Trains customers on desktop applications, software, and hardware platforms. Trains Service Desk Analyst on standard configurations and IT procedures, including onboarding.
Professionalism and cooperation when working with customers, team members and management is essential.
End User Administration – 50%
1. Creates and supports network accounts, computer accounts, email accounts, application accounts, and group memberships in accordance with IT policies and procedures relating to SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley).
2. Configures and deploys desktop hardware and software.
3. Configures and deploys network printers.
4. Configures and deploys mobile devices.
5. Process hardware and software requests.
6. Maintains inventories and purchases desktop hardware and software.
7. Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and knowledge base articles.
End User Support – 40%
1. Provide second level support to the Service Desk Analyst.
2. Provides desk side support for end user problems and requests.
3. Provides computer support for facility, remote facility and home based users.
4. Provides support for UK and other global facilities.
5. Monitors and responds to ticketing system assignments.
6. Relocate desktop hardware in facilities.
7. Trains customers on desktop applications, softwarehardware platforms.
8. Provides overflow phone support for Service Desk Analysts.
9. Perform wireless device troubleshooting.
10. Train Service Desk Analyst on standard configurations and IT procedures including onboarding.
Project Management – 10%
1. Will serve as the project lead on desktop projects based on the business plan.
2. Coordinates project implementation and manages deployment timelines.
3. Develops and submits budget proposals and funding requests.
Assisting various departments with the completion of project work.
At least 2 years full time experience or equivalent technical vocational training is required.
a. System support for client hardware platforms, Dell, HP, Lenovo. Dell preferred.
b. System and application support for Microsoft client platforms required.
c. Familiarity with System administration of Active Directory is preferred.
2. Experience in application/system technologies. Microsoft, Dell, McAfee, Citrix and Checkpoint preferred
1. Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to work with little supervision and within changing priorities.
3. Proficiency in Business Acumen
4. Technical proficiency
a. Account Management:
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Tags : Steris careers in Basingstoke, Information Technology jobs in Basingstoke HAM, Service Desk jobs hiring, Technical Support jobs in Basingstoke, Project Manager careers, Basingstoke jobs in Service Desk sector, Jobs nearby in Basingstoke , Steris hiring nearby me in Basingstoke HAM, Network jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Basingstoke engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Basingstoke as Desktop Technician.