Join Steris as Desktop Engineer in Basingstoke . At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Information Technology careers in Basingstoke HAM.
Position : Desktop Engineer
Job Category: Information Technology
Work location : Basingstoke,
Job Segment : Facilities, Technical Support, Service Desk, Developer, Project Manager, Operations, Technology, Customer Service
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Senior Desktop Engineer is highly skilled in all areas of the desktop computing platforms.
Develops, designs and engineer’s solutions for desktop software, hardware and mobile devices. Researches evaluates, tests and implements enterprise wide desktop solutions. Designs and implements complex automated software delivery solutions and computer imaging. Responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. Provide training for hardware and software solutions they support. Develop, document, modify and train global IT personnel on enterprise computing process’ and procedures.
Performs administration activities including creating, maintaining and supporting network accounts, computer accounts, email accounts, and group memberships. Creating, maintaining and supporting network printers, file access, group mailboxes, network and desktop security
Works directly with the business to identify and develop desktop solutions. Interaction with different business groups is vital within this role and requires an understanding of multiple business segments and I.T. impact on their functions.
Provides technical support to the Service Desk Analysts, Desktop Support Analyst, and Desktop Engineer. Works with vendors and I.T. Departments to resolve application and hardware issues.
Desktop System Design and Build
1. Designs, configures and implements complex desktop hardware and software solutions.
2. Researches, evaluates and recommends client software and hardware solutions.
3. Works with vendor support on evaluation and implementation of new technology.
4. Develop and implement complex technologies including but not limited to, imaging services, endpoint protection, backup solutions and process automation.
5. Provide training for hardware and software solutions they support.
6. Develop, document, modify and train global IT personnel on enterprise computing process’ and standard operating procedures.
End User Administration
1. Create, maintain and support network accounts, computer accounts, email accounts, and group memberships
2. Create, maintain and support network printers, file access, group mailboxes, network and desktop security
3. Create, maintain and support Active Directory user, computer and group objects within multi-domain environment.
4. Create and maintain Exchange mailboxes, Distribution list and public folders.
1. Will serve as the project lead on technical projects based on the business plan.
2. Coordinates project implementation and manages deployment timelines.
3. Develops and submits budget proposals and funding requests.
End User Support
1. Provides technical support to the Service Desk Analysts & Desktop Support Analysts.
2. Works with vendors and I.T. Departments to resolve application and hardware issues.
3. Provides computer support for facility and remote users globally.
4. Monitors and responds to ticketing system assignments via phone and in person.
5. Deploys desktop and laptop hardware.
6. Train Service Desk Analysts, Desktop Support Analysts, and Desktop Engineers on standard configurations.
At least7 years full time experience & on the job training is required.
System support for client hardware platforms, Dell, HP, Lenovo. Dell preferred.
System and application support for Microsoft client platforms required.
Visual Basic and Batch scripting required (PowerShell preferred).
Experience in application/system technologies. Microsoft, Dell, McAfee, Citrix and Checkpoint preferred.
1. Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to work with little supervision and within changing priorities.
3. Proficiency in Business Acumen
4. Strong leadership skills.
5. Technical proficiency
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Tags : Steris careers in Basingstoke, Information Technology jobs in Basingstoke HAM, Facilities jobs hiring, Technical Support jobs in Basingstoke, Service Desk careers, Basingstoke jobs in Facilities sector, Jobs nearby in Basingstoke , Steris hiring nearby me in Basingstoke HAM, Developer jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Basingstoke engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Basingstoke as Desktop Engineer.