Join Steris as Payroll Administrator in Derby . At the Steris you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Steris Finance careers in Derby DBY.
Position : Payroll Administrator
Job Category: Finance
Work location : Derby,
Job Segment : Payroll, Healthcare Administration, Finance, Healthcare
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
STERIS is a place where you can have an impact in helping create a healthier and safer world. When you join STERIS, you can count on growing and thriving each day. It’s what we do and how we do it that sets up apart. And our story is still being written.
Join us. Help us write our next chapter.
We are looking for a payroll administrator to join our payroll team on a contractual basis of 12 months for a period of maternity leave.
The Payroll Administrator will ensure that payroll is processed accurately and on time. You will also investigate and resolve payroll queries, ensuring service levels are met. In this role you will be required to provide and maintain a day-to-day payroll administration support function within the payroll department for specific business areas, act as the first point of contact for all payroll queries and also ensure the Payroll department administration is kept up to date and accurate. This will enable the smooth running of the department with the required information easily accessible.
As a Payroll Administrator for STERIS, you will ideally have experience of using Resource link payroll systems – or other payroll systems such as SAGE. You will report to the Payroll Team Leader and be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payrolls. The successful Payroll Administrator will be responsible for, but not limited to, general high-volume payroll administration, investigating and resolving payroll queries, ensure compliance with starter and leavers paperwork for government bodies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• participating in the completion of monthly payrolls ensuring that all timescales are adhered to
• Responsible for the preparation, processing & administration of monthly payroll for their area of responsibility complying with contractual and statutory obligations. Including: –
o New starters, leavers, transfers amendments and pensions
o Process court orders and statutory payments – maternity, paternity, parental leave and SSP etc.
o Administer a variety of company pension schemes, which include NHS and defined contribution schemes
• Set up of new employees and managing employee changes in the time keeping system
• Responsible for checking payslips and reports at payroll validation rectifying identified issues
• Action and input all legislative documents for payroll, where relevant, including P6, P45, P46, court orders, tax credits, student loans.
• Take ownership of the annual P11D reporting exercise
• Ensuring End of Year P60 Statement of Earnings are processed and distributed by the statutory deadline
• Issuing of ad-hoc letters – high level of literacy and written communication.
• Any other ad hoc duties to support the Payroll Department or Payroll Manager
• Offer first line payroll support for employees and line managers
• Investigating and resolving payroll queries and responding to employees in a way which is informative and courteous, and in line with Company values
• Participate in regular team meetings
Duties – cont’d
The successful Payroll Administrator will have gained experience in either a practice or bureau environment, however if you’ve got experience working in high volume payroll please apply. You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills given this volume of client interaction you’ll have. You will have good knowledge of Payroll legislation and Auto Enrolment as well as having Good IT skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will have ideally have:
• A minimum of 3-4 years previous payroll experience
• Moderate to Advanced Excel Skills (VLOOKUP/basic formulae)
• An understanding of Tax and National Insurance and the ability to perform manual calculations would be desirable
• Sound payroll legislation knowledge
• An understanding of employment law including Maternity, Paternity pays and National Minimum Wage
• Payroll system experience (ResourceLink, SAGE Payroll)
Desirable but not Essential Experience gained for this role
• Education level to ‘A’ level or equivalent
• Monthly volume payroll background
• ResourceLink experience
• Kognos Reporting – would be ideal but not essential
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved. To be successful in this role the Payroll Administrator will have the following skills:
• The ability to prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Good numeracy and IT skills
• Someone who maintains calm under pressure and is flexible and focused
• The ability to work effectively both alone and as part of a team
• An extremely proactive and resourceful individual
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Tags : Steris careers in Derby, Finance jobs in Derby DBY, Payroll jobs hiring, Healthcare Administration jobs in Derby, Finance careers, Derby jobs in Payroll sector, Jobs nearby in Derby , Steris hiring nearby me in Derby DBY, Healthcare jobs,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for Derby engineers, Apply WSP Global jobs in Derby as Payroll Administrator.