Join one of the largest suppliers of industrial and environmental machinery Flowserve as Field Service Technician in West Chicago Illinois. At the Flowserve you will perform tasks as listed below, Apply Flowserve career in West Chicago.
Position : Field Service Technician
Location : West Chicago Illinois, United States
Job Category: Direct Manufacturing
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Field Service Technician installs, commissions, monitors, troubleshoots, and repairs Flowserve’s pumps, seals, and other equipment across industries such as oil and gas, chemical, nuclear, coal, and wastewater industries, depending on the customer engagement.
In this challenging position the Field Service Technician (FST) provides real-time technical support to our customers, and provides recommendations for repairs, upgrades, and replacement equipment. The FST is actively engaged in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions onsite at nearby customer facilities.
Our Field Service Technician team is the face of Flowserve, and we count on them to deliver a world-class service to our customers, creating a lasting competitive advantage for our products and services.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
– Make direct, in-person service calls in response to customer requests.
– Assess mechanical problems and take actions to resolve promptly.
– Work side-by-side with our customer’s personnel, and lead work crews as required.
– Oversee the full cycle of repair: disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, and assembly.
– Ensure that equipment is installed successfully and on schedule.
– Check equipment prior to start-up and assess start-up performance.
– Monitor the maintenance and performance of Flowserve equipment.
– Train customers in the proper procedures for operating and maintaining Flowserve products.
– Collaborate effectively with the supporting organizations of Flowserve, including the repair centers, customer service, and sales engineering.
– Maintain and submit organized, accurate records, including daily reports, jobs quoted, jobs performed, and time and materials charged.
– Knowledgeable about the industrial applications and operations of pumps, valves, seals, actuators, and mechanical equipment.
– Experience with installing mechanical equipment.
– Experience with repairing pump equipment, installing mechanical seals, changing seal faces/gaskets/O rings.
– Proven ability to correctly read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and schematics
– Must be a self-starter with good follow-through, capable of working independently with little supervision.
– Capable in Outlook, Word, and Excel
– An active driver’s license with a good driving record is essential to the role.
– Able to travel, including globally, for extended periods of time
– Able to work overtime as required to minimize impact to customers
– Physical activity is required, including frequent lifting up to 50 pounds / 25kg, ascending/descending ladders and staircases, and climbing and reaching in, under, and around large equipment, often outside year-round.
– Excellent communication skills
– Good organizational skills
– Communicate by word and actions Flowserve’s values for ethics, safety, and quality
– Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
– Professional certifications in this field.
– Ability to work collaboratively with unfamiliar teams.
– HS Diploma / GED and 8+ years relevant experience
Req ID : R-1052
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.
Job Tags : Flowserve jobs West Chicago, Flowserve career in West Chicago, Direct Manufacturing jobs hiring West Chicago Illinois, Full time jobs nearby West Chicago Illinois, Direct Manufacturing careers West Chicago, West Chicago jobs hiring,
Aim: Are you engineer or from relevant fields? Highfit Jobs is great fits for you to find latest engineering jobs update for West Chicago engineers, Apply Flowserve Direct Manufacturing jobs in West Chicago as Field Service Technician.