Objective / Purpose
As a Design Engineer (Telecom), the person shall be capable of reviewing & executing Telecom Engineering Activities for Substation, Renewable and Transmission line Projects as per the direction of Design Lead (Telecom/Electrical). He must have good knowledge in Telecom System in Substation, Renewable power plants, Transmission Line Projects. The person shall be thorough with Telecom Equipment and applications. She / He shall coordinate with vendors for finalization of the equipment after vendor evaluation.
- Preparation of design specification, data sheets for Telecom transmission equipment, Physical security system, PA system, Telephone System and communication cables etc
- Preparation of Material Requisition for floating enquiries to Suppliers
- Preparation of Design Basis reports for Client approval
- Prepare all required inputs and thorough with Equipment Room layouts, Cable routing layouts, CCTV & ACS layouts, PAGA layouts etc.
- Prepare Network Architectures, Control Block diagram, Cable schedules, Interface diagrams etc
- Evaluate Technical Offers based on Technical Specification (requirement) of the client and timely submission to Design Lead (Telecom) for review
- Review Bill of Material and comparing with the Tender Quantity
- Pre-Tender Engineering including estimation of BOM (Bill of Materials) and Offer Reviews for Telecom System used in Substation, Renewable Energy and Overhead Transmission line projects.
- Review of vendor document (Data Sheet, GA Drawing, Installation Drawing etc.) and submission of the same to Client for approval during detail engineering.
- Interact with Site Execution & Cluster teams for clarification w.r.t. the design of equipment and layout.
- Interact with Vendor for clarification w.r.t. compliances to Technical Specifications & comments and Quality
- Coordinate with primary design engineer Obtaining specification requirement of the client and checklist for evaluation from the Design Lead (Secondary) / Project Engineering Managers
- Timely completion of all deliverables
- The Design Engineer (Telecom) is required to have complete understanding of Telecom Engineering activities like Telecom Equipment drawings, Connection diagrams, Interfacing between Control systems and Telecom. The Engineer is required to have knowledge on National and International Codes and Standards.
- It is desirable to have knowledge on the Transmission standards used in the power utilities.
- It is desirable to have knowledge on Building Management System, Access Control System, Public Address System, CCTV system etc.,
- Internally: PEM, Design Lead (Telecom), Draughtsperson, Contracts & Procurement team, Operations team & Site Execution team
- Externally: Client (Site Execution, Engineering team), Vendors (Engineering Team)
Key Value Drivers
- On-Time Delivery (Drawings & Design)
- New Initiatives (Innovation)
- Accuracy of Deliverables
- Working within allotted man-hours
- Optimal Design Engineering / Quantity Savings
Software Skills Required:
- General Awareness of MS Office
- Desirable awareness of AUTOCAD, MS VISIO
- Market Insight
- Market Foresight
- Leveraging Opportunities
- Customer at Core
- Sustainable Partnership
- Anticipating Needs
- Customer Centricity
- Disruptive Innovation
- Challenge Traditional Approaches
- Generate Innovative Solutions
- Take Calculated Risks
- Collaborate and Influence
- Internal Stakeholders
- External Stakeholders