Company Overview: CommScope and the recently acquired ARRIS and Ruckus Networks are redefining tomorrow by shaping the future of wired and wireless communications. Our combined global team of employees, innovators and technologists have empowered customers in all regions of the world to anticipate what’s next and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Discover more at www.commscope.com
Position Title: Engineer, Mechanical
Company : CommScope
Employment type: Full-time
Job function: Engineering Information Technology
Together we are manufacturing the future! We are looking for extraordinarily hardworking, forward-thinking, and driven people. If you would like to be part of a team dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through outstanding talent and a culture of innovation and teamwork, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss!
CommScope is looking to add an Engineer, Mechanical to our R&D team in Goa
Mechanical Engineer capable of supporting the varying needs of a Base Station Antenna factory. The candidate must be capable of solving design issues and recommending and documenting solutions. Also, must be knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and technologies in order to support factory and part evaluations. Must act as liaison between the manufacturing site with global design centers. Candidate will provide real time solutions to design issues discovered in the manufacturing process.
Duties & Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in making design adaptations and modifications.
- Conducts feasibility studies and tests to trouble shoot manufacturing problems in designs.
- Work closely with design engineers from varying design centers to solve design and manufacturing issues seen in the factory environment and within the vendor base.
- Support product development and process improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain a project scope and tracks manufacturing engineering projects.
- Drive DFMA (Design for Manufacturability and Assembly) concepts for the business unit.
- Support NPI activities and regularly report status to business partners and management staff.
- Review manufacturing capability internally and externally and recommend process improvements.
- Evaluate and distribute best practices to the global manufacturing sites.
- Support Supply chain – Localization
- Disposition of materials that are non-conforming
Education & experience
Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as Mechanical Engineering with preferably 3 years relevant experience/ME with preferably 2 years of relevant experience.
Must have skills:
- CAD and PLM/PDM system knowledge
- NPD experience
- Experience in sheet metal components’ design and manufacturing
- Apply GD&T in design/drawings and perform subsystem tolerance analysis
You will excite us if you have:
- Good Communication skills
- Hand on experience on SAP and Solid works
- Perform structural and thermal simulations in Ansys
- Design to cost and design for reliability
- Good knowledge on materials; both metals and nonmetals
How to Apply : Eligible and interested candidate candidate can visit here to submit application